SOLO Pilots - AVOID This Battery

Reaction score
I bought this battery on Black Friday from Amazon: Amazon.com

It looked good for use with JB's external BMS. I finally flew it today, after several false starts. It started at 99% SOC, and after 11 minutes was down to 24% and fading fast. Landed. There was no more than two minutes left. Guessing this pack was very optimistically labeled. I would not recommend this pack.

CONDITIONS: Solo, Green Cube, no gimbal, 40F and dead calm, JB External BMS. Gentle flying, mostly loitering in the sun.

For Lipo I recommend the Tattu 4S 5200 mAh 35C. It performs as it claims and is the correct size and weight for a Solo. Closest I've seen to the origina Solol battery cells.

I bought this battery on Black Friday from Amazon: Amazon.com

It looked good for use with JB's external BMS. I finally flew it today, after several false starts. It started at 99% SOC, and after 11 minutes was down to 24% and fading fast. Landed. There was no more than two minutes left. Guessing this pack was very optimistically labeled. I would not recommend this pack.

CONDITIONS: Solo, Green Cube, no gimbal, 40F and dead calm, JB External BMS. Gentle flying, mostly loitering in the sun.
For longer flight times I recommend using Li-ion packs with your BMSOne. Below are a 4S and a 5S that I recommend. You will need to reprogram the BMSOne for Li-ion. There are instructions on the BMSOne product page here. BMSOne V2 Plug and Play

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig