Bootup issues with brand new Solo - please help

Hard to figure out somethings via messaging.
This is why 3DR support tries a few thing, then if not successful, issue a RMA.
Customer happy, 3DR happy.... Win, win...

Yeah, I'll try support tomorrow.

Here's a quick video from my phone. You can see the lights and hear the start up sound.
It's not the happy chirping it should be.

Solo Bootup sound

This is exactly what it was doing Friday night. Saturday morning I flew twice, and then it went back into this mode again. Frustrating. I must have gotten a very unreliable/faulty unit i guess.

Thanks.

Hi guys.

I exchanged my Solo for a new one and now everything works as it should.
I've did get a reply from 3dr support, but that was today so it was a bit late.

Anyways. In case someone else gets the same problem as I had I'll leave the reply here:

1. Uninstall the gimbal and locate the SSWT button at the accessory bay
2. Press and hold the SSWT button.
3. Turn on the Solo, while you are holding the SSWT button
4. Release the button until the Solo stops beeping

Once the Solo arms light turn red and blue, perform the following (if not, try again the SSWT reset, many times as necessary)

1- Pairing the Controller | 3DR - Drone & UAV Technology
2- First-Flight Update | 3DR - Drone & UAV Technology

At the end, please, power off units, kill the Solo app and follow the next start sequence:

1. Power on the controller
2. Connect to the Sololink (Do not open the Solo app)
3. Power on the Solo
4. Open the Solo app

I'm not sure if this would've helped me, but it could have been worth a try.

Going to the store to buy another couple of batteries now.
The solo seems to be an awesome piece of equipment! I'm super stoked!

Thanks to everyone trying to help me with the initial problem I had!

The best advice was said earlier. Open battery box on controller and disconnect battery. Wait for 5 minutes and reconnect battery. This will reset your controller. You are having connection problems with controller. Every time I update, I am having this problem. Make sure you open 3dr app first and then connect with solo app. Happy flying. This should work.

The best advice was said earlier. Open battery box on controller and disconnect battery. Wait for 5 minutes and reconnect battery. This will reset your controller. You are having connection problems with controller. Every time I update, I am having this problem. Make sure you open 3dr app first and then connect with solo app. Happy flying. This should work.
The OP already completed the ultimate "fix" - he exchanged his Solo and the new Solo works. Before that, as he stated in this thread, he did remove the controller battery, and did so much more. It seems that re-pairing would have done the trick on the original Solo, but who knows?

It helps though, to give clear advice to those in need. In your post, what is the "3dr app" as opposed to the "solo app"? I'm not certain what you mean, and it doesn't matter to me as all 3 of my Solos have always connected and always "worked", but new users may be wondering the whats/wheres/hows of a 3dr app vs. a solo app.

The details of the start-up procedure that I have always used, which is frequently different from what other users may recommend, is in this thread:
waiting for solo
The difference in my procedure may be that (hopefully) the instructions are clear and use the correct nomenclature, AND the sequence has always worked for me, every time, on every Solo I own. As always... YMMV - but I don't know why it would.

I mean open 3dr services and connect to solo app. This is for android users. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle