waiting for solo

Reaction score
I got solo drone 7 days ago. At first everything is normal, but after update, the controller cannot connect to solo drone, and always shows waiting for solo. And also shows Controller stick. I have try every way such like reset drone or controller, and use putty to reset controller, however the problem has not been solved. I also send ticket to support, however, not get reply since 4 days later. So, did anybody have same problem and do you guys know how to solve?

I had the same problem with my first one about 2 weeks ago and then with my second one just today. It worked for 1 flight, then never again. Nothing I did would get the Solo to connect to the controller. It sounds like something is still not fixed.

My solution was to return it for a new one. Maybe third time is a charm??

Best of luck with yours!

-Steve

two things to try
turn everything off, then remove the battery from the controller for 30 seconds. reboot and let it see if it connects
if that does not work, try repairing

Reactions: SARDG
Try pyrate's suggestion with the controller battery - that has helped many folks... then...

...it is possible that the startup sequence, done properly and patiently can help. Others have done the startup differently and have had success, but then again, some others have had various problems connecting with different procedures. I have 3 Solos and have NEVER had a problem connecting from day-one with any of them, using this procedure:

1. Follow this sequence and startup procedure...

If the problem is only a startup-sequence issue, I can tell you that this sequence and procedure will work:
    1. For a clean boot, this time... restart your device (tablet/phone), then, after your device has completely rebooted...
    2. Open the Solo App on your device
    3. Power-on the controller and let it boot up completely until 'waiting for Solo' appears
    4. Power-up Solo - by the time Solo completely boots you should be rid of 'waiting for Solo' on the controller
    5. Connect to the Solo network with your App
    The controller contains the wi/fi router for the system, so once the controller has (completely) booted, you should see the Solo network on your device anyway. If you don't, there may be other issues.

If this all fails miserably, re-pair Solo. I try to use the mantra 'first do no harm' so use the least invasive 'surgery' first to find the cure, then proceed to resets and re-pairing.

Shouldn't need putty to reset the controller, but resetting the system is another story and 3DR doesn't normally recommend it without their guidance.

Reactions: barryo
hello, At first everything is normal , but after update, the controller cannot connect to solo drone and always shows waiting for solo.Is there any solution yet to overcome this issue?
have send report to 3dr but no reply yet.
any help is welcome ...

hello, At first everything is normal , but after update, the controller cannot connect to solo drone and always shows waiting for solo.Is there any solution yet to overcome this issue?
have send report to 3dr but no reply yet.
any help is welcome ...
So... may I assume that you are speaking about Android, Solo App version 2.4.0, and that you have followed everything in my post above, from the first sentence to the last sentence, taking your time with each step?

Ok ,here is the latest update.
Following ur instruction what I get is following message on the

transmitter:
Preflight update required before first flight use 3dr solo app to update

Tablet:
Unable to dtect solo
Make sure solo is on and paired with the controller

Cheers

Ok ,here is the latest update.
Following ur instruction what I get is following message on the

transmitter:
Preflight update required before first flight use 3dr solo app to update

Tablet:
Unable to dtect solo
Make sure solo is on and paired with the controller

Cheers
So.. are you confident that the controller is paired with the Solo? It doesn't sound like it is. Follow these instructions to re-pair. Do not rush this process.
Pairing the Controller | 3DR - Drone & UAV Technology

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc