IMU replacement - Green Cube?

Reaction score
Good day All,

I think I have an IMU going bad, the Solo asks for level calibration every other flight most days. I've been reading posts on the Green Cube, but I still have some questions (very basic questions, please bear with me).

1. It seems that I will need to use Solex after the switch, correct? Right now I still use the Stock App since I mostly use mission planner for mapping flights. I don't mind making that change, but I want to know what I'm getting into.
  2. Will I need any other hardware or software?
  3. Is there any reason I should not go with the Green Cube?
  4. Any tips, tricks, or anything else you think would be helpful? I feel like I don't know enough to ask the right questions.
Thanks!

1. It seems that I will need to use Solex after the switch, correct? Right now I still use the Stock App since I mostly use mission planner for mapping flights. I don't mind making that change, but I want to know what I'm getting into.
Kinda two part answer. If you get the green cube, you're going to want to upgrade to Open Solo (you can upgrade to open solo without the green cube, but there are a few differences). Anyway, I know there was an issue with the "solo simulator" app not working after the upgrade, however I'm pretty sure the 3DR app does still work, however... to upgrade to open solo and get your green cube working, using Solex is the way to go. It makes the process simple and gives you much more flight options than the 3DR app. Solex is constantly improving and being updated whereas the 3DR app is years out of date at this stage.

2: Will I need any other hardware or software?
See notes above regarding Open Solo and Solex. These are pretty much recommended for anyone, Green Cube or not.

3: Is there any reason I should not go with the Green Cube?
Cost? Someone may have upgraded their bird to a Green Cube and as a result, may have a stock cube left around that they may want to sell cheap.

4: Any tips, tricks, or anything else you think would be helpful? I feel like I don't know enough to ask the right questions.
Always keep mints at your desk, you never know when a "surprise" meeting may take place. Carry a first aid kit in your car......... oh wait.. you mean about upgrading to a green cube... sorry, yes, lots of advice...

READ THIS PAGE

This will tell you lots about the Green Cube and how Open Solo differs based on whether you have a Green Cube or a stock cube.

If you go with the install, be patient. A lot of issues crop up because people cannot sit on their hands for 10 minutes. If you do this install, get a stop watch or a timer of some sort. Set it for 10 minutes, start the process and then do not touch your drone or controller until the clock runs down.

I've upgraded 5 birds to open solo so far and 4 of those birds have green cubes. Using Solex was the easiest way to accomplish this and I've never had an issue using Solex to do the install.

Read the instructions three times, understand the instructions, then follow the instructions when you do your install.

Keep asking questions! It's the only way to learn and there's lot of people on here who will help you out!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986