Im stuck need help!! Solved !

Reaction score
Well guys i need your helping hand here...

To make a long story short .. i have been able to fly with the solo like 6 to 7 runs perfect no issue
and updated to 1.05

But on my last flight i was about 150ft high 200ft away and the controller warn me about loosing signal with the solo , the solo land by it self just fine thx god !

But after landing the solo it didn't want to connect back with the controller and it was saying waiting for solo
and solo was making sounds flashing Red And Blue then it start to flashing red alternating front and back
then back to Solid blue (front) and red (back) 13 sat's lock

So i press start the motors without the propellers the motors started then shutdown
and it went back again to waiting for solo flashing Red And Blue and back to flashing red alternating front and back waiting for solo all batteries full charged controller and solo

Here's a short video of the issue
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thx for the help guys !

Welcome to the club. I'm experiencing the same issue as well as at least 1 other person that is active here. This afternoon 3DR Support emailed me and said: "After analyzing your logs I could find that the throttle value goes below the lower limit, this means that the sticks calibration might be off, I would recommend you to perform a sticks calibration and test the range of the Solo, also, make sure you're positioning the antennas in a 90 degree angle from the controller, this way when you point to the Solo with the controller the antennas will radiate the major energy giving you a better range."

I haven't done the stick calibration yet so it looks like I'll be doing it tomorrow and hoping that it resolves the connection issue that we're both experiencing.

Welcome to the club. I'm experiencing the same issue as well as at least 1 other person that is active here. This afternoon 3DR Support emailed me and said: "After analyzing your logs I could find that the throttle value goes below the lower limit, this means that the sticks calibration might be off, I would recommend you to perform a sticks calibration and test the range of the Solo, also, make sure you're positioning the antennas in a 90 degree angle from the controller, this way when you point to the Solo with the controller the antennas will radiate the major energy giving you a better range."

I haven't done the stick calibration yet so it looks like I'll be doing it tomorrow and hoping that it resolves the connection issue that we're both experiencing.

Did you get instructions for the stick calibration, or is it in the manual?

nc

Well i dont see that info in the pdf user manual or on the 3dr solo support topics

@nacjr - I did not get instructions and I actually just got back home and decided to check in and saw this message. I don't recall Sticks Calibration in the manual but I'm going to have a look. Will let you know.

@nacjr - I did not get instructions and I actually just got back home and decided to check in and saw this message. I don't recall Sticks Calibration in the manual but I'm going to have a look. Will let you know.

Just checked manual, only compass, and level calibration.

Reactions: DodgeP
Only 2 Calibrations listed on the site ( click here ) so I replied to the technician and told him I don't know how to do a sticks calibration and asked that he send me instructions.

This sux just miss the 4 july fireworks
Ho well will wait thx for the help im on stand by

Yea that does suck you'd think the support folks would know you'd need instructions on stick calibration. I've read most of the manual but not in depth and I even knew that wasn't included. Maybe a dumb question but any chance mission planner or tower has an option to do it. I've not used either yet since warranty seems to be affected but I know I saw Rth altitude was said to be an option that tower can change, just an idea to check on till they get back to you.

Yea that does suck you'd think the support folks would know you'd need instructions on stick calibration. I've read most of the manual but not in depth and I even knew that wasn't included. Maybe a dumb question but any chance mission planner or tower has an option to do it. I've not used either yet since warranty seems to be affected but I know I saw Rth altitude was said to be an option that tower can change, just an idea to check on till they get back to you.

I've combed through Tower and couldn't find anything.

Sorry man I'd hoped for the best I was getting ready to take a look myself as well for you guys. Good luck with support hopefully they get back in touch with you soon. Hopefully wel get some more options in an update of the app soon so we have a big more control on our end in these situations.

Mission Planner will allow stick calibration separately without effecting anything else. It's under initial setup, then go to radio calibration. I would assume that they also have another way to do it that hasn't been published anywhere yet.

I have seen that they have you download a program call putty. It is an ssh client, but not sure what they have you do after that.

How you Calibrate the sticks ?
That's a terrible response since there is no procedure for calibrating the sticks. I wonder if resetting the Controller would have it self-calibrate?

It is a complicated procedure...you have to get into the root directory of the computer....i had a tech walk me through it and i was thinking there is no way i could be doing this without some help!

It is a complicated procedure...you have to get into the root directory of the computer....i had a tech walk me through it and i was thinking there is no way i could be doing this without some help!
Using Putty? Basically a command line interface. They need an app! In the meantime, publish the procedures.

Mission Planner will allow stick calibration separately without effecting anything else. It's under initial setup, then go to radio calibration. I would assume that they also have another way to do it that hasn't been published anywhere yet.

I'm gonna wait until I get official instruction from 3DR just in case something happens in the future. Since I already have a ticket history they could always use that as a trail if I decide to calibrate the sticks without their 'official" instruction.

This is crazy. Should be in the app or a windows or iOS program designed for solo.

Reactions: Raybro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig