Reaction score
After "losing" my drone a couple days ago...this miracle happened.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I lost the battery and GoPro but hey, I'll take it! Amazing things do happen.

Last edited:
I don't like, share, and subscribe because someone says like, share, and subscribe. Can you tell us about what happened?

GoPro not to be found?? How deep is the water?
GoPro is nowhere to be found. I lost it on Sunday when it hit the bridge and I thought it had fallen in the water. Solo just lost signal and crashed. After discovering that audio on a time-lapse we were taking of the sunset, I realized it did not sound like it hit the water at all. So we decided to check it out. Somehow the GoPro and battery must have been dislodged and fallen into the water, which is probably 15-20ft deep in that area. But I will take what I can get, it's better than nothing. The props are all gone too but that is relatively minor in the grand scheme of things.

Reactions: sam
I don't like, share, and subscribe because someone says like, share, and subscribe. Can you tell us about what happened?
I took my Solo out for a nice flight to capture a great looking sunset. I was flying around this old trestle train bridge(it crosses a river) which looked great with the sun shining through. About mid flight I decided to fly through the bridge a little bit. Shortly after this the Solo lost connection and flew immediately to its right and crashed into the bridge, falling into the water. I was on shore only about 200ft away or so. Thinking it fell into the water, we tried going out with a kayak right away but it was too late we thought. Then this discovery was made.

Reactions: sam

Brandon, that's awesome! I know that sinking feeling when something goes wrong in-flight. I'm really glad you were able to recover (for the most part) your Solo!

Reactions: brandonlach
Haha this is great. I guess you couldn't walk out on the bridge?? Either way it added to the dramatic effect.

Haha this is great. I guess you couldn't walk out on the bridge?? Either way it added to the dramatic effect.
Unfortunately no, I wish it would have been easier. The bridge is permanently turned sideways as it is no longer in use, so this was the only option! I agree though, it definitely did add to the dramatic effect!

Oh I see. Now when is the video when you dry out and try it again ?? :D
Cheers mate!

Congrats!
I can relate. My Phantom 2 went crazy last year and hit a Haarlem canal so hard it sheared the GoPro off. I hired a diver to find it. He got the P2, but we never recovered the GoPro.

Congrats!
I can relate. My Phantom 2 went crazy last year and hit a Haarlem canal so hard it sheared the GoPro off. I hired a diver to find it. He got the P2, but we never recovered the GoPro.
Wow thats amazing! We had considered hiring a diver but I am lucky we didn't before I found it on the bridge! Still might go back and give a better look into finding the go pro.

I'm having a hard time with this.

If the Solo surrvived, why in hell would you do that stupid dive where the Drone electronics get wet, which caused more damage. You could have slipped back into the water, keeping the drone dry.

I think this is false and staged by some troll.

Sorry, my 2 cents

If the Solo surrvived, why in hell would you do that stupid dive where the Drone electronics get wet, which caused more damage. You could have slipped back into the water, keeping the drone dry.

Sorry, my 2 cents
I think that is what the plywood was for. Looked dry to me and totally legit.
My .02..

Sorry, my 2 cents
It is definitely very real. After we recovered the drone, a celebration flip was done and he swam over to get that piece of plywood. We wanted to keep the drone dry so we set it on there. After he took the plywood back to the bridge, he carefully went back up and brought the drone down.

consider yourself VERY lucky. congrats on gettign it back in one piece more or less.

just curious...can one use the files saved on camera roll to locate a downed solo?

I guess only if you saved your recording right before/as it's going down? and no such luck if the crash happens when signal is already lost?

I got a $80 RF tracker just for a piece of mind...*knock on wood* that'll nev3er have to use it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc