Things like this are why I think the distress beacon feature in Arducopter should activate automatically if it detects a crash or goes into a failsafe mode. Obviously wouldn't do much good if the battery fail or breaks off though.

Last edited:
Reactions: brandonlach
I'm having a hard time with this.

If the Solo surrvived, why in hell would you do that stupid dive where the Drone electronics get wet, which caused more damage. You could have slipped back into the water, keeping the drone dry.

I think this is false and staged by some troll.

Sorry, my 2 cents

Thought you left the forum due to negativity? :p

consider yourself VERY lucky. congrats on gettign it back in one piece more or less.

just curious...can one use the files saved on camera roll to locate a downed solo?

I guess only if you saved your recording right before/as it's going down? and no such luck if the crash happens when signal is already lost?

I got a $80 RF tracker just for a piece of mind...*knock on wood* that'll nev3er have to use it.
I wish I would have been able to see footage from the flight, but unfortunately I do not have the "save to camera roll" feature enabled. I often run out of storage on my phone so it just created more problems, though at this time I wish it would have been on! The tracker is a good idea, I should probably look into one.

consider yourself VERY lucky. congrats on gettign it back in one piece more or less.

just curious...can one use the files saved on camera roll to locate a downed solo?

I guess only if you saved your recording right before/as it's going down? and no such luck if the crash happens when signal is already lost?

I got a $80 RF tracker just for a piece of mind...*knock on wood* that'll nev3er have to use it.
You can always use the log files on the controller and run them through Mission Planner which would show solos path and last known location via gps on a map. That should be a lot easier and more accurate than trying to determine where it is using the video, especially if it's an area you are unfamiliar with.

Kewl Video, I like the suspense and all that drone MIA, I also thought you had done a dive with the Drone in hand, but later saw the drone being ferried on the plywood, or was that particle board?

Had a similar "Iron Effect" around a bell tower, freaky stuff best to stay clear of that. Flying around water is nice in a lot of ways, but biggest is no obvious obstructions Which bridge in path negates!

That's awesome. I'm glad you found your drone. Next time make sure to attach a tracking device so that you will be able to locate your precious things anywhere. It gives also warming when sensing distress signals.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea