how to place the orbit point

Reaction score
The solo is set to a default 65 feet for an orbit anchor point. Any way to adjust this? I need precise orbits and sometimes small ones. You would thing solo could start at the anchor point, then fly back to the perimeter and start the orbit thusly.
Suggestions?

Reactions: egodinho
The right stick controls orbit radius. You can move in and out whenever you like
yes, however setting the orbit point is the issue. If i have a house or a car that I ant to orbit, I have to guess the 65 feet, or measure it off before the drone takes off? and what if there aren't 65 feet of clearance.
I never seem to be able to accurately guess where the point is and the Sat image is not helpful.
Wouldn't it make more sense to be able to pick the anchor point, then back out from there?
This system needs revising

Have to agree that would be the better method as well. I kind of expected it to work that way when I first tried an orbit. Being able to first set the center would also remove some reliance on maps for positioning.

One quick way is to hover over your center point, then watch the distance meter out to 65' for a measurement. It's not the most accurate, but it's pretty darn close if GPS is locking well. If you don't have the room, you're still SOL, though.

I agree that being able to use an A button/B button, center point/radius set would be great.

today, I tried zooming in to the sat image to determine where my anchor would be. Problem is, these images are old and the terrain has changed. Total guess work. I'll be waiting for this programing change. wouldn't be hard to do, since they already use that code for cable cam.

I was just about to create this post as I think the orbit setup is total guesswork. I was at a field the other day and tried to set an orbit point about 4 times before I just said, f@ck it! No matter where I moved or which way I had solo facing the orbit center point stayed in the same exact place.

I'm going back out tonight to try again.

Hmmm, I've never experienced any kind of default radius. Setting up orbit has been super simple for me. I must be doing it differently. I just put the drone up in the air where I want to start the orbit, position the camera on my subject, and then with the map I place the center point on my subject. I've done large diameter orbits as well as orbits with a 30ft radius this way.

I've had some recent success. Try zooming into the satellite map, then moving the "bullseye", which is the anchor, to the point on your map where you want the orbit centered. Then press the A button to set it. ignore the camera view. Use the bullseye symbol.

Reactions: erikgraham
Hmmm, I've never experienced any kind of default radius. Setting up orbit has been super simple for me. I must be doing it differently. I just put the drone up in the air where I want to start the orbit, position the camera on my subject, and then with the map I place the center point on my subject. I've done large diameter orbits as well as orbits with a 30ft radius this way.

I find this kind of hard to believe and you may be getting lucky with the orbits you've set up. To be honest, I haven't seen a "clean" orbit yet as all of the orbit shots I've seen have been unbalanced in their circumference around the target; one side is always closer than the other. The default radius is 65 feet with no way to change this until you've already set your target.

The most precise option would seem like this, once you hit orbit and that icon appears on your screen you should be able to move that icon to anywhere (within reason) on the map. If you've downloaded the map, you'd have street view so actual landmark locations would be easier to see/set.

I've had some recent success. Try zooming into the satellite map, then moving the "bullseye", which is the anchor, to the point on your map where you want the orbit centered. Then press the A button to set it. ignore the camera view. Use the bullseye symbol.

So you're actually moving the map and not the bullseye correct? I have had zero success in moving the bullseye.

Well yeah, it really has bee that easy for me. Luck? It's just works man. Check it out...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fluxley
Well yeah, it really has bee that easy for me. Luck? It's just works man. Check it out...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
your subject, the boy playing ball, is not centered in the orbit and because he is moving, there is really no way to center him. Looks like you are using the best method, though. moving the map to place the bullseye over your subject. It's not bad, but not near as precise as I need it to be

I work for a TV show filming structures. the shots need to be framed perfectly. This morning, I shot a small structure and the orbit anchor was about 3'-5' off the center of the house and that shows in the finished shot. accuracy is key.

I work for a TV show filming structures. the shots need to be framed perfectly. This morning, I shot a small structure and the orbit anchor was about 3'-5' off the center of the house and that shows in the finished shot. accuracy is key.

Which is exactly what I've been saying. I've yet to see an even near perfect orbit. The untrained eye will not pick up on small details like 3'-5'... From years of photographing people, I can almost immediately spot when something is off in a photo, hell - even in real life.

Which is exactly what I've been saying. I've yet to see an even near perfect orbit. The untrained eye will not pick up on small details like 3'-5'... From years of photographing people, I can almost immediately spot when something is off in a photo, hell - even in real life.
until they give us better tools, it will just take trial, error and practice. I'm practicing these moves as often as I can and they are getting better. I will look for some changes from 3DR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig