how far do you fly / can fly / want to fly?

this thread is proof that we cannot police ourselves.
and why regulations have to be in place...
Very sad... but true. And I am NOT a fan of Gov't regulation in any way, shape, or form.

I am simply curious ...

no harm done ...

dear Marich
I understand you are bitter and upset all these new pilots are coming to share the sky with you - welcome to life :)

made possible by advancements in technology

these things brought you better and better valued drones ... or did you want to keep using RC from 80s?

regardless governments have a way of regulating things - and they should even if there were no accidents

if there weren't any accidents on a highway - there shouldn't be any rules?

also

>content of his post makes it clear he's unfamiliar with their operation and acceptable use

perhaps I watched hours of youtube on safe operations
perhaps I have a remote operators license
perhaps I am a retired military pilot or commercial airlines with dozens of thousands of hours

please do not hijack a thread

please do not be so quick to judge people
it will hep you in life

now for one I will be flying in SA - South America
in particular in Patagonia ... with 1.9 per km2 density if that tells you anything :)

now I am very conscious about people's safety

do onto others as you would have done on to you ...

OK with all that said

I am curious if there it is a point to getting a longer range - if I plan to film beautiful nature...

like the battery calculations were helpful
and the Solo antenna extension tip

thank you
As far as range goes, I'm not sure why some people think more is better. If you wanted to reach a remote area that was not accessible by ground it would be helpful. But that brings up the "line of site" issue.
I use a better, more powerful antenna (FPVLR) so I can "punch through" areas with intense wifi activity, etc.

I am simply curious ...

no harm done ...

dear Marich
I understand you are bitter and upset all these new pilots are coming to share the sky with you - welcome to life :)

made possible by advancements in technology

these things brought you better and better valued drones ... or did you want to keep using RC from 80s?

regardless governments have a way of regulating things - and they should even if there were no accidents

if there weren't any accidents on a highway - there shouldn't be any rules?

also

>content of his post makes it clear he's unfamiliar with their operation and acceptable use

perhaps I watched hours of youtube on safe operations
perhaps I have a remote operators license
perhaps I am a retired military pilot or commercial airlines with dozens of thousands of hours

please do not hijack a thread

please do not be so quick to judge people
it will hep you in life

now for one I will be flying in SA - South America
in particular in Patagonia ... with 1.9 per km2 density if that tells you anything :)

now I am very conscious about people's safety

do onto others as you would have done on to you ...

OK with all that said

I am curious if there it is a point to getting a longer range - if I plan to film beautiful nature...

like the battery calculations were helpful
and the Solo antenna extension tip

thank you
Umm, okay... but I absolutely detest any regulations on almost anything and am positively delighted there are many new flyers these days.
You're really out to lunch, you know that? Do you really think I'm advising people to obey the rules because I like regulations?
Oh, man.
I do it because I know there will always be people like you appear to be, causing public disturbance after disturbance, continually shoving our drones into view in a completely negative way, virtually ensuring more restrictions in the future.
Good grief. Go on and go fly - at least you're not in my country.

of course... # posts in this microcosm must equal experience! *sigh*

Perhaps the OP is planning on getting a remote operators license (or what ever the equivalent is in his/her area), and just wants advise on bird choices

Not everyone who asks a question deserved to be jumped on [ADMIN EDIT].
AMEN BROTHER amen. I've noticed that newbies might ask a question(myself inc) and they get stomped on from everywhere like they are morons.i suppose they were born with a solo in hand and they were never in their shoes it makes some of these people wonder what they got them selves into. great answer and THANK YOU!!!!

AMEN BROTHER amen. I've noticed that newbies might ask a question(myself inc) and they get stomped on from everywhere like they are morons.i suppose they were born with a solo in hand and they were never in their shoes it makes some of these people wonder what they got them selves into. great answer and THANK YOU!!!!
There IS a search function on ALL forums, but newbs frequently believe that they should ask questions or start new threads regarding something that has been asked and answered 100 times before.

Being a newb shouldn't be an excuse for laziness, or for feeling entitled enough to let someone else do your searching for you.

Newbs - challenge yourselves and look stuff up yourself. Don't go through life expecting people to hand you things. :rolleyes:

Lightman•Xenon Strobe•LEDs•Portable Lighting•Safety•Visibility•Products•Applications•Where to buy

111110_strobe_kit_redo_490x300.jpg

If you use the flat wide mount on the left, you can zip tie it between the upper holes of the back legs.
It does add some weight but adds alot of visibility at distance and near dark.

ok folks, what are your advices for an omni-directional range extension ?
is the wifi card swap efficient, even if the max output is 30dB ?
is there a good antenna for omni-derectional flying ? or do i have to take an amped one ?

i don´t want to aim at the bird, i just want to FPV, so i can´t really turn around to aim at bird.
(Yes, someone will be with me and have a look at the bird)

ok folks, what are your advices for an omni-directional range extension ?
is the wifi card swap efficient, even if the max output is 30dB ?
is there a good antenna for omni-derectional flying ? or do i have to take an amped one ?

i don´t want to aim at the bird, i just want to FPV, so i can´t really turn around to aim at bird.
(Yes, someone will be with me and have a look at the bird)
This:
WiFi/Wireless Wi-Fi Networks 2.4GHz Alfa 9dBi antenna | eBay

x2

theyre about the size of drum sticks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44