My distance record

Reaction score
I used to own a few DJI drones, like p3s, p3p, p4, mp, spark, mavic mini... every drone I have, I always try to modify it and push the limit of distance as far as I can. I don’t know why, but that feeling when I can break the record, I feel really really excited.
The furthest I can reach was 8km (about 26000ft) with phantom 3 pro. Now that I’m fed up with Chinese-made drones, I switched to 3dr Solo, an American-made drone. I know, certainly, it isn’t the right platform for me to satisfy my distance addict, but I will try, and I want to prove that even 3dr can fly far and wide, while providing excellent video WITH AUDIO that not any other high end drone can provide.

3C02B1B6-B055-4207-A080-86B4F001FC94.jpeg

Currently, the best I can reach is 3437m (about 11000ft).
I didn’t even fly in rural area. I flew from my business location in northwest Houston, Texas. I also didn’t use Solex, just the stock Solo app, with some modifications on antenna, no GPS/wifi card upgrade. No propellers upgrade. That’s why, there’s still a lot of space for me to improve the distance, I’m pretty sure I will break this record in the future. Let’s see!

I didn't know they were issuing BVLOS waivers to individual pilots yet..... Will have to revive my app.

Reactions: DJMc
hi

what do you change or modify to reach this distance. i wourld like to do thiss too with my solo :-9

• Wow
Reactions: natalino
I used to own a few DJI drones, like p3s, p3p, p4, mp, spark, mavic mini... every drone I have, I always try to modify it and push the limit of distance as far as I can. I don’t know why, but that feeling when I can break the record, I feel really really excited.
The furthest I can reach was 8km (about 26000ft) with phantom 3 pro. Now that I’m fed up with Chinese-made drones, I switched to 3dr Solo, an American-made drone. I know, certainly, it isn’t the right platform for me to satisfy my distance addict, but I will try, and I want to prove that even 3dr can fly far and wide, while providing excellent video WITH AUDIO that not any other high end drone can provide.

View attachment 10829

Currently, the best I can reach is 3437m (about 11000ft).
I didn’t even fly in rural area. I flew from my business location in northwest Houston, Texas. I also didn’t use Solex, just the stock Solo app, with some modifications on antenna, no GPS/wifi card upgrade. No propellers upgrade. That’s why, there’s still a lot of space for me to improve the distance, I’m pretty sure I will break this record in the future. Let’s see!
My best so far is 9,560 feet. I have the same passion for distance. If your still trying let me know what you end up with

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo