Grayed-out record button and 4-bars button

Reaction score
Heyo! First post here, so feel free to let me know if my post is in the wrong spot...

Just recently got a brand new 3DR and have been controlling it with Solex app. I'm loving the user experience and features provided in this app, but I still haven't gotten a chance to take mid-flight media through the app. Whenever I go into the flight control view (the little airplane button), the big red record button off to the right is completely grayed out and unpressable. The same is happening to the smaller 4-bar button to the lower left of the record button. Any ideas?

I've already triple checked that my Mavlink Shutter checkbox is not checked, since it was a solution I pretty commonly found online.

Thankfully, I'm still getting a video feed from the GoPro to my Solex app so I can still fly that way. My fix for now has been plugging the GoPro in as usual, but instead manually pushing the record button before takeoff to record my missions. However, it would be amazing if I could use this app to the fullest and take pictures, live adjust exposure, and so on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated by both my Solo and its pilot. :)

My GoPro Hero 4 Silver, Solo Controller, drone, and app are up to date as of 7/30/2020.

Reaction score
Does Solex have a "GoPro Model" setting? The 3DR Solo app's setting looks like this:

I'm asking because when the wrong model is selected in that app, the record button gets grayed out. So maybe a similar setting is necessary in Solex. Just guessing.

Reaction score
Does Solex have a "GoPro Model" setting? The 3DR Solo app's setting looks like this:

I'm asking because when the wrong model is selected in that app, the record button gets grayed out. So maybe a similar setting is necessary in Solex. Just guessing.
It does, but unfortunately that setting seems to only be in the 4-bar setting menu. Unless there's another way to access it that I haven't been able to find?

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheGeoEngineer