Here We Go Again...

I was just making a suggestion. Basically Lon, I'm done with you. Sorry.

It's cool... So you don't think my point has any validity, huh? I do wish the admin would weigh in on this. To my mind, if I wrote a comparison thread between all of the different drones, there's no reason I couldn't post it to all of the pilot forums.

Maybe if it wasn't for your all day long repeated over and over babbling and complaining, a simple comparison thread wouldn't be viewed as "yet another annoying post by Lon."

Reactions: JimB13
Dave, seriously, I'm posting to complain! I'm not looking for help, sir. If I wanted my logs gone over, I'd send the to 3DR. Like I said Best Buy gives a 90 return/replace on Geek Squad Refurbished items so if this doesn't work, I'll try a different one.
Most of us here can analyze those logs and inform you what's going wrong and how to correct it.

Many of us here, including myself have flown model aircraft equipped with a 3DR flight controller.
Analyzing the flight logs is very useful.

As a person who just created a account because my newly purchased solo from best buy is having connection issues. This is not the place for anything other than high school level drama. Seriously people all this back and forth makes you look like a bunch of kids and keyboard warriors. If this is the best th solo has as far as a support group you might as well take it back for refund or take your chances with the no talent geek squad. Disappointing is really the only thought that comes to mind.

As a person who just created...
...perhaps you should read more than this thread and this one user's whining if you want a better idea of what this forum is like. Or you can be like Lon, and just make posts complaining.

As a person who just created a account because my newly purchased solo from best buy is having connection issues. This is not the place for anything other than high school level drama. Seriously people all this back and forth makes you look like a bunch of kids and keyboard warriors. If this is the best th solo has as far as a support group you might as well take it back for refund or take your chances with the no talent geek squad. Disappointing is really the only thought that comes to mind.
Yeah.. hopefully the moderator will ban the whiner. I have found this forum helpful.

Here's a tip... Your flight controller is the wifi hotspot. Your phone or tablet needs to be connected

Here's wat I do.

If you did not install the solo app
On your phone or tablet do it.

Power on Solo

Power on Solo Controller

Connect phone or tablet to solo access point

Open up the Solo App, connect your phone or tablet to the aircraft
You will be promoted to update the firmware if it's your first time.

Let the aircraft and controller update

Change your solo password

Perform calibration through the solo app

Place on ground in a wide open field

After GPS lock is acquired ready to fly

Always follow the above boot up sequence

Reactions: Maddog
I'm only logging in to make sure that guy is ok? Something is off. Otherwise I love reading the forum and I love my 2 Solos ... no problems with either, ever, and they're stock from when BB had them for 299 including the gimbal ... around Christmas 2016. But seriously, is he ok?

Geez can't anyone take a break? Bought my Solo at BB, have flown it everywhere from AZ to ME. Up mountains and over lakes and have never ever had an issue with it. It's a great platform, has never let me down. I learned to fly on a POS micro drone and the skills have served me well especially when the solo goes to fly in manual mode or when I've overflown the battery too much. The Solo platform rocks as long as it is good hands.

Reactions: JimB13 and XevetS
I'm only logging in to make sure that guy is ok? Something is off. Otherwise I love reading the forum and I love my 2 Solos ... no problems with either, ever, and they're stock from when BB had them for 299 including the gimbal ... around Christmas 2016. But seriously, is he ok?

Yea I'm fine, and I'm sure this is all my fault. Who would have thought it possible that a product that was returned to Best Buy as potentially defective, cleaned up and resold for $160 might possibly have a problem of any kind? It boggles the mind!

Geez can't anyone take a break? Bought my Solo at BB, have flown it everywhere from AZ to ME. Up mountains and over lakes and have never ever had an issue with it. It's a great platform, has never let me down. I learned to fly on a POS micro drone and the skills have served me well especially when the solo goes to fly in manual mode or when I've overflown the battery too much. The Solo platform rocks as long as it is good hands.

Based on your join date, you might fall into my theory that earlier units had better quality control than the latter ones. I don't know about "good hands" but I still have every other drone I've ever purchased. I have several hours on a new drone without incident and a dozen flights on my latest problem free. I recognize that a lot of people have had great experiences with the Solo and I have never started a thread saying that the platform sucks or whatever. I have merely chronicled what my experiences were, that's all. Just because yours had been great, doesn't make them all great. I knew a guy that had over 200,000 miles on a Yugo... Just because my experience hasn't been as good doesn't mean they are all junk. Although, I asked them to check inventory and they have thousands of these "refurbs" according to a buddy that works at BB. Oh and on that note, anyone that might want one, he thinks they are going to REALLY broom them soon so be on the look out! If I get any info on that I'll be sure to let everyone know!

Geez, I hate to sound like a lot of the other guys here but there are literally dozens of threads in the help section that go over connection issues. If you do a search, I guarantee you'll find what you need! Also, 3DR is still providing tech support for the platform. This isn't a "support forum" for 3DR but rather just a regular forum like any other. As far as I know, 3DR doesn't have a company forum like Samsung or whatever. Sorry to disappoint, I guess.

Hey, you know what? You all may hate me but I got a guy that had 3 posts in a year and a half and a guy with 5 in over 6 months posting today so woo hoo!

Yeah.. hopefully the moderator will ban the whiner. I have found this forum helpful.

Here's a tip... Your flight controller is the wifi hotspot. Your phone or tablet needs to be connected

Here's wat I do.

If you did not install the solo app
On your phone or tablet do it.

Power on Solo

Power on Solo Controller

Connect phone or tablet to solo access point

Open up the Solo App, connect your phone or tablet to the aircraft
You will be promoted to update the firmware if it's your first time.

Let the aircraft and controller update

Change your solo password

Perform calibration through the solo app

Place on ground in a wide open field

After GPS lock is acquired ready to fly

Always follow the above boot up sequence

Dude, I am bringing them all out of hiding! You want to get rid of me? They'd have to close this forum down for lack of post count. You do understand that these things are funded through advertising and advertisers look at post count...

It's an incredible day for flying so I am packing up the Wrangler and heading out!

Now that's a sentiment I completely agree with! I have 6 batteries charged and two working drones to fly!

Oh and I didn't get "banned" so...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela