Help

Went to land the drone and out of nowhere it's bad up and turned over on its side and back and calls

• Help

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I went to land my drone and it's bad up while it was on the ground and rolled over on its side and messed it up big time anybody ever had this problem?

Reactions: Cynthia Farr
Had a landing issue too, Came down in FLY mode and it went into MANUAL 10 feet above the ground. (lost sats).
I was able to recover and continued landing.... inches to the ground it reacquired satellites and moved horizontally without being able to control it. (I assume going to last know location). It then Caught a leg on the ground and flipped. Now I switch to manual when landing and never use "FLY" mode to land or take off. I learned a lesson. Luckily no damages.

Had a landing issue too, Came down in FLY mode and it went into MANUAL 10 feet above the ground. (lost sats).
I was able to recover and continued landing.... inches to the ground it reacquired satellites and moved horizontally without being able to control it. (I assume going to last know location). It then Caught a leg on the ground and flipped. Now I switch to manual when landing and never use "FLY" mode to land or take off. I learned a lesson. Luckily no damages.
Well what was weird was that I was manually landing with the lipstick all the way down normally when I hold down on it it turns off however it did not turn off it sped up it flipped over on its side would not turn off rolling around on the ground I could not get it to shut off no matter what I did I powered off the controller and it still didn't turn it off it it went all the way up on the throttle by itself with the controller off I could not turn it off I had to turn it over and put it on the ground for it to turn off now it's completely messed up it won't power on has to be some kind a computer problem what do you think? And will Solo be able to determine what happened and will they replace it?

I am waiting on extender legs Solo Extenders
I am waiting for delivery of these as they make the Solo more stable when taking off and landing

Well what was weird was that I was manually landing with the lipstick all the way down normally when I hold down on it it turns off however it did not turn off it sped up it flipped over on its side would not turn off rolling around on the ground I could not get it to shut off no matter what I did I powered off the controller and it still didn't turn it off it it went all the way up on the throttle by itself with the controller off I could not turn it off I had to turn it over and put it on the ground for it to turn off now it's completely messed up it won't power on has to be some kind a computer problem what do you think? And will Solo be able to determine what happened and will they replace it?

I am waiting on extender legs Solo Extenders
I am waiting for delivery of these as they make the Solo more stable when taking off and landing
No I have the extender legs and they were on there that's not what happen I just went to land it it was only 10 foot in the air I held down the lipstick like I normally do when it touch the ground it would not shut off it turned over on its side and went to full throttle by itself could not shut it off I even tried to turn off the controller and it wouldn't shut it off it has damaged my drone

No I have the extender legs and they were on there that's not what happen I just went to land it it was only 10 foot in the air I held down the lipstick like I normally do when it touch the ground it would not shut off it turned over on its side and went to full throttle by itself could not shut it off I even tried to turn off the controller and it wouldn't shut it off it has damaged my drone

sounds like a burnt out motor I am going to try Solo Extenders
to give more stable landing
How could be burn out the drone is only 2 1/2 weeks old never had a problem it's almost like the computer you got interrupted because it took over itself normally to land you just hold down the left stick in the motors cut off mine did not it's bad up turned over on its side and cause major damage I'm pretty sure they will be able to see in the computer what happened and replace it

are you able to send a ticket to 3DR and they will give the logs on exactly what went wrong they may take a while to get back to you I crashed my twice and now just bought a practice drone for less then Solo to get use to flying

How could be burn out the drone is only 2 1/2 weeks old never had a problem it's almost like the computer you got interrupted because it took over itself normally to land you just hold down the left stick in the motors cut off mine did not it's bad up turned over on its side and cause major damage I'm pretty sure they will be able to see in the computer what happened and replace it

are you able to send a ticket to 3DR and they will give the logs on exactly what went wrong they may take a while to get back to you I crashed my twice and now just bought a practice drone for less then Solo to get use to flying
Yes I did put in a ticket and I've been flying airplanes and drones for probably two years and this thing has a mind of its own it scared me and my neighbor as we cannot turn it off I even turn the controller off and it wouldn't shut the motors down

I burnt out a motor in less then a week as it flipped and then burnt out so I found out by sending a ticket to 3dr and they told me I had to send it away to Sydney from Qld as I am in Australia it cost for freight but I was happy with the result

Yes I did put in a ticket and I've been flying airplanes and drones for probably two years and this thing has a mind of its own it scared me and my neighbor as we cannot turn it off I even turn the controller off and it wouldn't shut the motors down

I burnt out a motor in less then a week as it flipped and then burnt out so I found out by sending a ticket to 3dr and they told me I had to send it away to Sydney from Qld as I am in Australia it cost for freight but I was happy with the result
Did they replace the drone? And how long did it take

Your more experienced then me I have only had mine since January 2016 and crashed twice now the 2nd time it flew into a tree from no GPS signal got confused I had to get a tree climber to get it down as it was in GUM TREE the highest one in the park on a Sunday morning and it was starting to rain I thought it was all over but that was costly so now I have fixed up the GPS with the cardboard modification to allow the GPS
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
and have picked more satellites then ever

No replaced the motor pod only one burnt out and had to send it to Sydney from GOLD COAST QUEENSLAND

Your more experienced then me I have only had mine since January 2016 and crashed twice now the 2nd time it flew into a tree from no GPS signal got confused I had to get a tree climber to get it down as it was in GUM TREE the highest one in the park on a Sunday morning and it was starting to rain I thought it was all over but that was costly so now I have fixed up the GPS with the cardboard modification to allow the GPS
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
and have picked more satellites then ever
Really. So how long did it take for your replacement??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44