Help ... Stripped Threads on the Motor Shafts

I see Michael crashed his solo into a lake. I just lost mine into a creek. I set point A at the bow of a boat, a way point at the stern, and point B about 30 or 40 metres above. I pressed play on the cable cam and it went straight into the water from point B. I hit the break/pause button but that made no difference. I have no idea what I did wrong. Is this gps? If I replace it how can I ever trust it over water again?
Obviously, that is very strange. Did you use cable cam over land before this happened? If you did, I presume it worked OK. Hopefully 3DR can sort out and fix the problem, which seems to be a bug in the 2.4 update. Once its working well over land, you might try it over water where somebody can be close enough to grab it? if it tries to go swimming again.

I see Michael crashed his solo into a lake. I just lost mine into a creek. I set point A at the bow of a boat, a way point at the stern, and point B about 30 or 40 metres above. I pressed play on the cable cam and it went straight into the water from point B. I hit the break/pause button but that made no difference. I have no idea what I did wrong. Is this gps? If I replace it how can I ever trust it over water again?
I have no idea what happened and I'm sure 3DR can sort it out from the log files. Sounds like a failure to me not just GPS. I've flown many smart shots, Selfie, Cable Cam and the newer MCPP over water with no problems. Flights over the ocean as well produced no issues. It's always scary flying over water but it's actually the best place for GPS as there are usually no trees in the lake unless you're in a canyon with steep walls.

I'm sure one of the experts on this forum may have better information for you. Sorry for your loss but 3DR should make it good as it has to be a failure. I see no reason MPCC should fail as you actually fly the path and set all the shots up. It's not like you created a waypoint under the water.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44