Help Diagnose Fault

Reaction score
Website
www.westernrockart.org
As a continuation of my previous thread (wifi upgrade - unable to pair), I obtained a second controller, and attempted to pair it with the old solo.

The controller says "waiting for solo"
I can see solo wifi on the phone,and can connect to it.
However, the solo app still says "vehicle not detected, looking for solo"

tried to pair a couple of times, but similar result.

*** SO ***

So, since the same events with two different controllers. I would conclude that the fault lies within the solo, and not within the controller??

Does this make sense?

comments appreciated.

-- Rick.

Well, I reversed it. New solo with old controller. same problem as noted above.

However, new solo and new controller work as expected.

Conclusions:

a) there is a problem within both the old controller and old solo
b) new wifi cards bad or improperly installed

WOW,. am I confused ... ???

Couple of questions before the wifi upgrade did the solo work properly?
If so what do you really think the problem is?

Did you ever see a blinking orange led inside your controller or the Solo?
If Not, What do you think the problem is?

Both the solo and controller must have blinking LED'S period. Factory Reset

Last edited:
Couple of questions before the wifi upgrade did the solo work properly?
If so what do you really think the problem is?

Did you ever see a blinking orange led inside your controller or the Solo?
If Not, What do you think the problem is?

Both the solo and controller must have blinking LED'S period. Factory Reset
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I had just installed the GPS upgrade, and it was working just fine.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw a blinking orange light on the solo, during my first attempt at a reset.
I have never seen an orange light since.
=-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My GUESS is that the new WIFI cards are ok, because I can connect to sololink.
My GUESS is that the firmware on the SD card got corrupted within the SOLO
which is why I have never gotten an orange light since, cannot pair properly,
and both solo and solex apps cannot detect a vehicle.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am pondering where, how and whether to proceed.

Trying to reflash the firmware, either physically or with CLI over a wireless link is daunting.
My linux skills are very rusty, and I still believe that a Python is a snake ...

I would try a "Factory Reset" on both the controller and solo then pair the two and then a Compass and level call.

Have you tried replacing the stock wifi cards?
This was the whole issue, he had a working solo took it apart and replaced the wifi cards, now it doesn't work?

So we are trying to troubleshoot the problem, The solo has no blinking Orange LED nor does the controller, this is important because it lets you know the status of both computers, they are not booting properly. When I trouble shoot a solo that's the first thing I look for.

This was the whole issue, he had a working solo took it apart and replaced the wifi cards, now it doesn't work?

So we are trying to troubleshoot the problem, The solo has no blinking Orange LED nor does the controller, this is important because it lets you know the status of both computers, they are not booting properly. When I trouble shoot a solo that's the first thing I look for.
Well, what I was getting at was if it worked correctly before the wifi upgrade, what happens if the stock wifi cards are put back in? If it works correctly again, then the new card(s) are probably the problem. If not, it's something else.:D

Any updates on this? I'm having this issue now after only upgrading the fw through the solo app.

I have had same, Remove the SD card on the solo clean the contacts on it and replace. Make sure it clicks in place

Reactions: KaudiTT
Worked for me but only when i did the controller's sd card, not the Solo's.

But my LED's were normal as you say, that's why I ruled out the SD card to start with but still ended up back there.

Doesn't make any sense? those LED statuses indicate a proper boot of the controller IMX6?

I guess These things can be pretty buggy I've really never heard of this and I'm not sure what would change by wiggling or re-seating an SD card? Any time I run into this issue regarding not booting properly the led's sure enough show the status and yes re-seating the card works most of the time but not always..

Idk, unless something didn't take during an update. That's when my troubles started but even then I could fly just fine and MP had full functions including the streaming. :confused: I just couldn't do much with any Android apps.

I have had same, Remove the SD card on the solo clean the contacts on it and replace. Make sure it clicks in place
What you said, only the SD in the controller instead. (Tried Solo SD first)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela