New Solo out of the box. Tried everything but can’t get Solo and controller to pair.

Reaction score
Recalling from memory so hopefully I’m clear. Spent about 7 hours earlier today trying to set up my new solo to no avail. Really hope someone can help.

After fully charging everything I started setup of my new solo. I followed directions to the tee but was unable to get controller and solo to pair. The Solo was broadcasting WiFi and my phone was connecting to it but then the app would say that it was still trying to locate the Solo. At one point the app did allow me to update the software (for the controller I think) but would then get hung up on “checking”. I actually let it run for about 30 mins to see if it would finish but no luck.
After numerous attempts to pair the two I decided to do a factory reset. The controller ran through the reset sounds and would restart with the “hold a and b” screen but then the controller would hang and lock up. I’d have to pull the battery for it to restart.
Now when trying to do a factory restart on the Solo I’d never get the flashing orange light, it would always stay solid, no matter how long I kept the pair button pushed in on restart.

I’ve also checked the lights inside the controller and I am getting the double flashing orange light, which if I remember correctly shows that the WiFi is working as it should.

Before I open the Solo to pull the SD card is there anything else I should check or try? Any links to videos or webpages would be very welcomed.

If you using iOS, more specifically anything with Celluar, turn that off, force close everything and re-try for standard 3DR App. Or try Android. I had a similar issue as well.

Also, leave battery out of controller for few minutes before re-trying.

If you using iOS, more specifically anything with Celluar, turn that off, force close everything and re-try for standard 3DR App. Or try Android. I had a similar issue as well.

Also, leave battery out of controller for few minutes before re-trying.

Yes I’m using IOS but I’ve already tried everything you mentioned numerous times already.

FYI, the Solo wifi hotspot is actually on the controller. If you're Solo is fresh out of the box...you power up controller, power up Solo, connect iphone to controller wifi (password = sololink), launch Solo app on iphone. Now from memory...I think at that point, the message "you need to do an update...press START to begin" appears. You press START, a new message appears "press continue when you see the green check mark"...the green check mark appears almost instantly. Then a message "update successful...Go Fly Now" appears. That is how it should work straight out of the box.

I'm sure you tried all that...but I just wanted to give you what it SHOULD have looked like. I've never had a problem starting up (3) of them fresh out of the box, so I never done a factory RESET, so I can't help you after that has been done...I would assume it should go back to a state as it was fresh out of the box, and the above description is how it would work.

I'm betting you will need to reset the solo SD card.

Stripped it apart and after a bit of time finally managed to eject the sim card (It was glued in there really well). Checked the files on my card and reinstalled everything. Powered up and all worked as it should... What a mess, can't believe that there's this much of an issue that's fixed by just reinstalling a sim card.

Anyway, managed about 10 mins of flying and then crashed it breaking 3 props... Stupidly thought I was a better flyer then I obvously am. Was standing on my deck and flying about 30' below me, flew too close to a snow covered tree and caught the edge of a branch. Just glad it was only the props that broke due to the way it fell. Live and learn I guess.

Reactions: XevetS
Stripped it apart and after a bit of time finally managed to eject the sim card (It was glued in there really well). Checked the files on my card and reinstalled everything. Powered up and all worked as it should... What a mess, can't believe that there's this much of an issue that's fixed by just reinstalling a sim card.

Anyway, managed about 10 mins of flying and then crashed it breaking 3 props... Stupidly thought I was a better flyer then I obvously am. Was standing on my deck and flying about 30' below me, flew too close to a snow covered tree and caught the edge of a branch. Just glad it was only the props that broke due to the way it fell. Live and learn I guess.
Has happened to most if not all of us "the crashing part that is" its part of the learning curve and or doing dumb things...

Reactions: Didsomeonesaydonuts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela