Need Help!! "Waiting on Solo"

Reaction score
I have searched through the different help articles and followed the directions given but have not been able to fix this problem.
This is a new solo never been flown That I bought for a friend.

The Solo and controller will not pair. Controller says: Waiting for Solo"

First I factory reset the controller which finished with no problems then I tried to factory reset Solo. No success.
Lights on Solo at first turn all green then go to blue in the front and red in the back and stay that way.
I read some of the help forums and reset the sd card in the Solo. I have done that twice.
I reset the sd card in the controller. Light are still blue in the front and red in the back and it always says waiting on Solo
I have tried to go through the pairing set up but this does nothing.
When I reset the Solo sd card I looked at it on my computer to try to see if the info was imprinted on it and it is.

I get wifi from the controller but nothing from the Solo. I have tried to get help from 3dr.com where I bought these a couple of months ago
and they just sent back a general letter of things to check and will not do anything else. I don't mind doing the work but I don't know what is causing my problem so don't know what to fix.

Sorry for being so windy. I know that some in this forum are very sharp on the inner working of the Solo and controller. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks

Here's an update on what I have done so far.
I just bought two new Solos and one refurbished. I bought the refurbished for myself and two new ones for friends.
One new one worked fine but the other doesn't.
It will not pair with the controller. Let me tell you what I have tried so far. I have tried to factory reset the controller and the solo. Controller resets fine but the solo will not factory reset.
Next I reset the SD card inside the solo as well as the controller. None of this worked. I reset an old controller and tried to pair it with the new solo and nothing. The controller just say's "Waiting on Solo" I don't know what to try next. The 3DR help people are very slow to respond and just seem to send a form letter of things to try that I have already done.
The light on the Solo under the motors are blue in the front and red in the rear. When i try to pair the solo I get a slow blinking orange light. Appreciate any thoughts you have. One other thing: I get a wifi signal from the controller but nothing from the Solo.

any luck with this i have same problem but when i press pair i just have a solid green light next to the pair button

No one has helped. I still can’t get it to pair. Someone posted that you needed to download and install the software again but I haven’t tried it yet. Sorry if you figure it out please let me know. I’ve reset the as cards a couple of times

No one has helped. I still can’t get it to pair. Someone posted that you needed to download and install the software again but I haven’t tried it yet. Sorry if you figure it out please let me know. I’ve reset the as cards a couple of times
where do u download and reinstall software though?

Here's an update on what I have done so far.
I just bought two new Solos and one refurbished. I bought the refurbished for myself and two new ones for friends.
One new one worked fine but the other doesn't.
It will not pair with the controller. Let me tell you what I have tried so far. I have tried to factory reset the controller and the solo. Controller resets fine but the solo will not factory reset.
Next I reset the SD card inside the solo as well as the controller. None of this worked. I reset an old controller and tried to pair it with the new solo and nothing. The controller just say's "Waiting on Solo" I don't know what to try next. The 3DR help people are very slow to respond and just seem to send a form letter of things to try that I have already done.
The light on the Solo under the motors are blue in the front and red in the rear. When i try to pair the solo I get a slow blinking orange light. Appreciate any thoughts you have. One other thing: I get a wifi signal from the controller but nothing from the Solo.
This would seem to indicate your WiFi card is either not seated, the antennas are disconnected, or the WiFi card is damaged. I assume you used wireshark to look for WiFi signals from each of Solo and Artoo?

Reactions: Ralph E. Johnson
This would seem to indicate your WiFi card is either not seated, the antennas are disconnected, or the WiFi card is damaged. I assume you used wireshark to look for WiFi signals from each of Solo and Artoo?
Hi Bruce. I have no idea what wireshark is. I will look it up on the net and purchase it. The only suggestions I had gotten were to reseat the sad cards which I have done twice

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc