Green Cube Parameter Reset

OK, now MP firmware loader is askng me if is this is a Linux Board?

I would assume yes, but don't want to drive another nail in the coffin..

So yes or no to "Is this a Linux Board?"

Thanks

Follow P2Ps instructions and directly connect the cube to MP and reinstall Arduplane followed Arducopter. Then reinstall the Solowparam file.

I wonder how you could break the communication to the IMX by adding a lidar to Serial 2.
I hooked up a LW20 to Serial 2 w/o problems.
Are you sure you edited the SERIAL2 params?

Positive it was Serial2 - and positive it was the wrong baud rate.

I had the LIDAR working fine with MP as a rangefinder,now I'm trying to test it for SLAM.

I have had the same issues every time I've messed with Serial2. If you set the wrong baud rate or protocol, it kills the connection to the Pixawk. It is supposed to be tied to the accessory port, so I'm not sure why but it does.

You'd think the wrong baud rate would just result in a failure to connect, but truly breaks it.

I tried to get more info out of 3DR, but they wouldn't entertain me.

Thanks

NO linux board.

Interesting. I messed quite a bit with that port on my Solo.
How do you perform a SLAM when connected to the pixhawk? There is nothing in Arducopter to benefit from this.

Trying to hook it up through a Raspberry Pi, which will actually drive it and forward the data on to the GCS

Trying to hook it up through a Raspberry Pi, which will actually drive it and forward the data on to the GCS
Very interesting. Pls share your findings.
I am doing something similar but with an Arduino controlling the LW20

So MP is giving me grief now as well. No PX4 USB drivers.

I thought I already had them installed - guess not. I downloaded and tried to install them from the Pixhawk website but they still won't install - Windows failure

Guess I Need to resolve that first

Don't suppose it's possible to do this through Linux
Thanks everyone

So I got MP and USB drivers ok.

Connected up and loaded Plane, then Copter 3.5.3. MP said wait for Tones before clicking OK. I waited 15 min but got no tones , however, the MP log verified checksums and indicated it rebooted and was done.

Rebooted Solo and Artoo and was able to pair but still waiting on Solo.

Was able to Putty into Solo and peeked at PIX_VERSION, which said "Unknown":

root@3dr_solo:/# cat PIX_VERSION
unknown
unknown
unknown
unknown

Wonder why 4 times?

Then looked at VERSION:

root@3dr_solo:/# cat VERSION
3dr-solo-imx6solo-3dr-1080p-20170926204223
Open Solo 2.5-RC2
Build Date: 20170926204521

Then, looking at ARTOO:

root@3dr_controller:/# cat VERSION
3dr-controller-imx6solo-3dr-artoo-20170909031428
Open Solo 2.5-RC1
Build Date: 20170909032002

Earlier build date, so this looks to be RC1 on the controller.

Also, when I look at the firmware, the versioning is Goofy. MP clearly said it was going to install Copter 3.5.3, yet
when I look at the version that was written, I see this:

root@3dr_solo:/firmware# ls green/
./ ../ ArduCopter-v3_3.5.x.px4

So it looks like there are two issues that remain:

Controller version mismatch
unknown /invalid firmware

I'm not sure why the MP firmware upload is not working properly. Since I can now FTP into Solo, can't I just drop the correct firmware into /firmware/green

Also, couldn't I just flash the controllcer with RC2?

Thanks

Can you connect to the pixhawk by USB now? Like by setting it for Com whatever and connecting?

Strange, but yes, now I can connect via COM port.

When I first plugged it in, no COM port was listed in MP and there were no startup tones.

I reconnected it, got a couple of USB connect/disconne ompass cal messages,
which is good

Edit... Interesting. I reloaded 3.5.3 parameter file, but it did not refresh the bad baud rate I set previously which locked me out. I did so manually. Wondering if SYSID_SW_MREV should be zeroed out to be sure, or of it's safe to try and connect via wifi. MP messages state that 3.5.3 loaded, so I guess I'll plod forward.

Thanks P2P, and everyone else who offered up help. You guys shred.

My understanding of this architecture increases daily.

Last edited:
ok, able to connect via MP and Solex, so I should br good. Just need to recheck parms and calibrate.

For what it's worth, here's a little more info. May be relevan, maybe not.

Once I got drivers installed, I noticed that the USB connection was iffy. I checked cables multiple times to make sure.

Sometimes the Pixhawk would issue startup tones, sometimes not. When it did I was actually able to connect, when it didn't I was not.

When you asked if I could now connect, the first time no, second time yes. Once I got the parameters reset/reloaded, I tried again and have not been able to connect via COM port, despite being able to now connect via wifi. But that's a fight for another day.

When I reset parameters and rebooted. It first went to all green LEDs. I let it sit and heard the Pixhawk reboot exactly 3 times. After that I started getting calibration errors, but verified the original problem fixed.

Thanks again Matt for all your work and support on this. It completely validates my decision to stick with the Solo platform desite all of the turbulence.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc