Green Cube Parameter Reset

Reaction score
After a pretty flawless OpenSolo Green Cube upgrade, I am trying to configure an LW20 LIDAR for SLAM mapping and ran into a snag . I indvertenty set the wrong baud rate on Serial2, which leaves the controller Waiting for Solo.

I'm on Green Cube/OpenSolo RC2

I can't connect via Mission Planner or Solex to do the parameter reset or reinstall any firmware.

I can connect to the bird and controller via FTP or shell, but see heartbeat timeouts in python_stderr.

Is there a way to programatically flash 3.5.3 parameters without Mission Planner/Solex, or do I need to reinstall the stock cube and factory reset to 3DRs Solo branch? I'm basically looking for the cleanest way to recover from a bad parameter change

I currently have the patient's chest cavity cracked with access to the Pixhawk USB and IMX6 SD card.

If I have to factory reset to 3DR v 2.4.2, do I need to flash the original Solo/Artoo images to both controller/drone, or just mount the original cub and reset

One more really dumb question: My green cube came with a small piece of black foam. I assume it's for vibrations, but where does it go?

Thanks in advance

Aye, Pyrate.

Tried that earlier today and got no hearbeat received on the COM port.

Looking like I need to start over.

Thanks

I think your problem is going to be that the parameter memory is not cleared when you reinstall Arducopter. Hence you will have the same problem. So I think what you will need to do is plug-in via usb but don't connect, go to install firmware, install arduplane which will write over most of the parameter memory hopefully including your serial settings, then when complete, install 3.5.3 again, if it succeeds then you should be able to load the 3DR Solo parameter profile from the advanced parameter page under config.

I'm pretty sure if you hold the SSWT button inside the gimbal bay while booting the solo it will reset the PIXhawk to stock solo params SYSID_SW_MREV gets set to 0
I've done this quite a few times and you will hear the typical new firmware chime going on....DO DO Doo Daaa Daaaahhhh...you know close encounters of the third kind sort of sound....But with open solo it might not work that way? Or I'm wrong and it really never resets the PIXhawk at all??? Just dooooooo it...and report back good luck.

Last edited:
Was leaning towards going this route... Did it many times on Stock Solos. Just not sure what it does with the OpenSolo Green Cube combo.

That just does a hardware reset, should not affect firmware or memory at all.
When I use the switch it does reset the params. Firmware tone and all, it does not just reset or reboot the pixhawk when I reset or reboot the pixhawk in mission planner it simply resets no firmware upgrade tones, This has gotten me out of a few jambs in the past. I just tried it again and yes it did reset params, so Maybe I have a freak Solo Main-board?

It is worth a try. The normal reset button on a Pixhawk or APM does not do that but the Solo could be quite different. I do think Sky_Highs problem is not going away unless he can clear that serial parameter.

It is worth a try. The normal reset button on a Pixhawk or APM does not do that but the Solo could be quite different. I do think Sky_Highs problem is not going away unless he can clear that serial parameter.
I agree and you might be right about it not resetting params, the reason being my params were not out of wack when i just tried it although it wants me to do a compass and level calibration after pressing the switch... I'm all confused lol..

You are probably right then because the compass and level cal values are just parameters set by the cal setups.

Unless it is designed to reset some specific set of parameters, which is possbile I suppose.

If you've pissed it off to the point where it won't connect over USB either, you will need to reload the firmware over USB. Load ArduPlane first, which will effectively wipe out copter and anything you did to it. Then load ArduCopter 3.5.3. Then you'll need to reload the parameter file.

Reactions: AOtarolaR
Hey how you making out with your DIY build Mike?
Well I need Arducopter 3.6dev because I need CANbus support. There appears to be a bug in the V3 firmware that causes the compass cal, and a few other things, not to work when CANbus is enabled and EKF2 is enabled on a Pixhawk cube. Everything works except being able to cal the compass. So I am stuck. I did swap out a Pixhawk V1 and with the V2 firmware everything works fine and it flies great but that was not the point of my build. It proves CANbus works in Arducopter but I wanted that with the Sololink working. So I will keep that build on ice and see if devs ever solve that problem. I am going to build another using NIcholas Sololink carrier with a standard Pixhawk and CANbus. I'lll see if I can get that working.
The cleanest, simplest Arducopter build ever? - RC Groups

Reactions: XevetS
Yeah here.. craziness today.. Anyway, I was able to reinstall the stock Solo cube. A factory reset brought me back to OpenSolo RC2 and ArduCopter 3.5.3, which I believe is where you need to be to install the Green Cube.

Tried installing it and hitting SSWT. It did issue reset tones and flash all blue for about 20 secs but it did not reset the parms.

Does anyone know what is truly on the SD card of the cube?

I just see a bunch of log files and a terrain file.

Wondering if formatting the Green Cube SD card is a good or bad idea...

I'm gonna try P2P's firmware reset,

Thanks all.

EDIT: Actually mike_kelley suggested that first.. I stand corrected.

Thanks Mike

Last edited:
Follow P2Ps instructions and directly connect the cube to MP and reinstall Arduplane followed Arducopter. Then reinstall the Solowparam file.

I wonder how you could break the communication to the IMX by adding a lidar to Serial 2.
I hooked up a LW20 to Serial 2 w/o problems.
Are you sure you edited the SERIAL2 params?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc