GoPro Stearming Video feed to app conundrum

Dobie !! when you say WIFI on are you talking about the App wifi? Ever since I was a puppy it has been wifi off on the GoPro. Just to be clear when I get more data I can record it properly.

Are you sure you're clicking the hdmi cable on the side of the camera should hear it click in also Check your hdmi canbe in solo

Well sure this what I try to do every time. Someone (can't remember who, I'm getting a little lost in the wool here ) said that GoPro Hero 4 Black w version 4 software is the camera that the gimble designed for. Any thing are app to have glitches. I'm Any other and you start to lose functions.

Just to let you guys know that PAL and NTSC output are for the video out of the gopro in usb output of ANALOG VIDEO only. The HDMI output (which Solo uses) does not have anything to do with the PAL or NTSC ANALOG video output, So switching to PAL has nothing to do with output video to the Solo. So don't waste your time trying to solve a video output problem by switching to PAL. It's either the HDMI cable or a bad processing of the HDMI signal in the gimbal preventing you from getting video thru the wifi connection Solo uses.

And if your running any GoPro firmware revision above 2.0 in your HERO 4 Black or Silver the camera will not interface correctly with the old firmware in the SOLO's gimbal. (remember that the firmware that works was written when the GoPro firmware was at 2.0 and GoPro intentionally altered their software so it wouldn't work with the Solo because of conflicts between 3DR and GoPro support.) GoPro customer support didn't want to hear of Solo problems after 3DR got out of consumer Solo support.
I really don't blame GoPro on this decision! Who wants to tie up the GoPro support lines with 3DR's problems.

So downgrade the GoPro firmware to 2.0 and discover that the GoPro now works properly and even turns on and off when you power up the SOLO, and even charges the battery in the GoPro!

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomannjf
OK, great input. I have a GoPro 4 silver with 2.0 but it dosent work. How do i solve the bad processing of the HDMI signal. HOPE IT'S NOT BUY A NEW GIMBEL. It's getting a little expensive.
Thanks

With respect,mikediggs, I tried to fix it by changing the hdmi cable, and the connections and the gimble. Made sure the plugs were tight, replaced the cable first with Relish cable, then the original 3dr cable, then with a modified 3dr cable(striped the outer stiff cover off the cable. Tried it on both gimbals. I got the same results.
Out of desperation, I pulled out a new solo and, gave it a new gps card. Threw a GoPro 4 silver on it and it worked perfectly.
Sooo, I'm going to end my little self imposed study. I'm only left with some maybes. GoPro refuses to include Solo needs in its updates maybe that's the real problem. Maybe someone will figure out how to update our firmware to address the problem but, that's wayyy above my pay grade.
Of all the same10 plus ways to get your GoPro streaming to the app I found around the various sites, DOBIE ARTMORE is my recommended winner ( not that it was a contest). It worked and continues to at least get video steaming to the app. Yes you have to push one more dare button but it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc