GoPro Stearming Video feed to app conundrum

Reaction score
It's zero dark thirty a I have searched high and low for every sane (and some cooko)ways to fix this NO VODEO FEED TO SOLEX/ SOLO APP. I have even searched other sites, other threads and under my sofa. There are many, few match and so far none work for me (so far). How about we give others a break an post what you have tied here. No giant discussions just what you tried and if it work ( more than once). Here is an example from Andrew.baker:
Turn on GoPro
Power up Solo.
Power up controller
Connect app
If you contribute a few minutes pilots old and young might break the loop before going bizerk. You may even save a life, mine.

It's zero dark thirty a I have searched high and low for every sane (and some cooko)ways to fix this NO VODEO FEED TO SOLEX/ SOLO APP. I have even searched other sites, other threads and under my sofa. There are many, few match and so far none work for me (so far). How about we give others a break an post what you have tied here. No giant discussions just what you tried and if it work ( more than once). Here is an example from Andrew.baker:
Turn on GoPro
Power up Solo.
Power up controller
Connect app
If you contribute a few minutes pilots old and young might break the loop before going bizerk. You may even save a life, mine.
what gopro model are you using?

What the hocky puck is PAL (Yes I'm dumb)
Different video broadcast standard. In general, PAL (Europe, most of ROW) has a higher resolution but lower framerate than NTSC (USA, Central America, parts of South America, Japan generally).

Cleaver those Europeans Not much help to me . However, I learned something and thanks for the info.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Turn on GoPro
Power up Solo.
Power up controller
Connect app
These connects can be a problem. We have all experienced your situation.
Here is my "turn on" order.
Controller wait till fullstart
Tablet Make sure that WiFi is NOT on This could cause problems (Edit: I meant to say bluetooth OFF and WiFI ON)
Go Pro confirm that it is in VIDEO mode and flashing I have had problems in camera mode
Solo
Solo/Solex app
However I have turned on in other order and it often (not always) works under those differnet sequence.
Sometimes when I swap Solo battery (leaving everything else ON) and then turn on gopro it doesnt vid feed.
I then turn off Solo turn off go pro
wait a little for shut down
turn gopro on turn solo aon
That works for me
If all settings are correct then one would have to conclude a Solo hardware issue may be the glitch.
EDIT: I mistakenly stated wiFi off. CORRECTION: WiFi MUST be on and Bluetooth must be OFF

Last edited:
I've got 4 gopros if this works for me ill try them all and give you feedback.

Hard landing = 1
Drone count = 2
Checked both fit is tight.
Both HDMI cable New ribbon
BOTH SECURE BY SLIGHT CRIMP ON CONNECTOR AND GLUE.
Not saying i have not missed anything. But i cant find it.

Here are initial results using Dobie Ardmore method.
I used 2 solo drones. They are setup as follows:
Drone1. Open Solo w black cube, normal upgraded gps and wifi and 3DRelish HDMI Cable.
I used the same gopro for each. This one worked on my first solo many moons ago. It Is a HERO 4 silver.

Result on drone1: Will not send video feed to the app. Tried everything described by Dobie plus several loud word not suitable for print.

Drone 2. Open Solo w green cube, upgraded gps, and wifi, however in the this case I have the original HDMI Cable modified by striping the black casing off the wire.
Result on drone 2: it work,! Everything fired up whiteout a hitch just as Dobie described.

Conclusions: None yet. Why one and not the other? Is it the HDMI cable, Green cube. So I'm going to switch the HDMI and add a Green Cube to drone1 and see if it is that.it. I used the same tablet for each and the I must admit the I am suspecting the HDMI cable. We will see.

Corrrction. Im not switching green cube i have another brand new green cube. Ill use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig