Gopro live video feed-interference or cable?

Reaction score
So, I know I should probably test a few more times, but this issue came up when I was flying the other day.

Got the solo+gopro silver up in the air, but shortly afterward it lost video feed. The solo flew fine, but it seemed when I went far away (50ft or more?) video feed would dropout.

I landed, powered everything off and then tried again-same thing, it seemed once I flew up to about 75ft, video feed dropped out.

I landed again, and checked the gopro-it seemed to be frozen, and wouldn't change modes (pulled off the gimbal-and manually pressing buttons didn't do anything. Pulled battery and on reboot it said error, something about last file not saved I think.

I ended up moving to a different spot (neither spot was near any large buildings or other structures) and things seemed to work okay for the next couple batteries-but I still had video feed drop ocasionally when flying a few hundred feet away.

When I looked this issue up, it seems like a lot of us suffer from the hdmi cable on the main board becoming loose.

Before I tear the solo apart, whats the chance of it being video interference vs cable loose?

The other 4-6 flights before this had no video feed issues (other than a split second here/there when farther away-which I wrote off as a simple glitch...maybe it was the cable?)

You don't state what version of GP, either way could be a GP issue rather than Solo...not heard of Solo being the cause of GP freezing up.

Memory cards seems to be the culprit for many, too slow or corrupted....try another card.

Loss of signal could be related to antenna orientation, make sure the antennas are properly oriented towards the bird.... But sure, loose antennas could be a source of issues.

If the problem persists, contact 3DR and get a new bird...assuming you are still within warranty or 30 day MBG

@SteveReno I'll probably end up doing your mod just as a preventative measure

@RichWest-I'll check my GP firmware, but I do know that when video dropped out on my phone, it was still recording (video was on memory card when I plugged into PC)

Antenna's were definitely screwed in

Solo is only 2 weeks old, so I'll keep an eye on it if I need to try and get swapped.

Antennas should be oriented like this:
Screen-Shot-2015-08-07-at-11.53.13-AM-1024x258.png

Reactions: JoePro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44