Solo 3dr video feed to iphone and ipad

Reaction score
When I plug in my hero 3 black into the hdmi port on the gimbal I get perfect video feed but I cannot control the functions of the gopro so I went and bought a new hero 4 black and I can use the controls but now I don’t get a video feed, I did get it a couple times but now I cannot get it back up but the hero 3 black works perfect. Also I am using the same 1080 60 m setting as I was when I did have the video feed and I did reinstall the app both on my phone and I pad. Is there a certain sequence you need to follow in order for the hero 4 black to get video feed when powering everything on ? This is frustrating. Thanks for all the input in advance.

Check your video cable. Start with the gopro itself, when you push in the HDMI, it needs to give a little click to ensure it's in all the way. Sometimes you can push it in, but it's still not seated all the way. If you still don't get a result, check the gimbal HDMI on the motherboard. In fact the quickest way to eliminate a possible gimbal issue would be to plug the camera straight into the mainboard and see if you're getting a video feed that way.

Check your video cable. Start with the gopro itself, when you push in the HDMI, it needs to give a little click to ensure it's in all the way. Sometimes you can push it in, but it's still not seated all the way. If you still don't get a result, check the gimbal HDMI on the motherboard. In fact the quickest way to eliminate a possible gimbal issue would be to plug the camera straight into the mainboard and see if you're getting a video feed that way.

As I stated in my post, the hero 3 has perfect video feed just the hero 4 doesn’t so obviously it’s not a cable issue or gimbal issue...

Using the same or different MicroSD cards?

Did you check the settings on the 4?

New or used? I have seen HDMI connections on GoPros that were pretty f***ed once you got down and looked at them.

Using the same or different MicroSD cards?

Did you check the settings on the 4?

New or used? I have seen HDMI connections on GoPros that were pretty f***ed once you got down and looked at them.

Im using a new gopro hero 4 with the same settings as the hero 3 except I keep protune on

I get the same results when I'm flying my rib cage H4B. Sometimes I gSoet sometimes I get a video feed a video feed and other times I don't. It can be pretty frustrating especially when you're using it for a job.

My Hero 4 Black acts up once in a while. I found that reformatting the sd card, clearing the cache in the app, and making sure the camera battery is fully charge keeps things working smoothly during flights.

If my camera battery isn't fully charged or I install a weak battery, the camera seems to run quite warm for some unknown reason. The camera tends to shut off or just locks up...

A little off topic, but that's my two cents..

Oh that reminds me. Make sure your WiFi is OFF for the GPH4B. Having it on will short circuit video feed by making the WiFi environment very noisy. The video feed is the largest bandwidth user on the link so controls might still work but no coherent video frames make it thru.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc