GOPRO HERO-4 BLACK view feed since 1.2.0

Reaction score
Ever since updating the Solo's firmware to 1.2.0 my Gopro Hero-4 Black has really poor live feed with ton's of latency, to getting stuck on single frame on the app, to no Gopro live view showing up after a cold start. I'm using a Nexus 6 which has always worked just fine prior to the latest firmware update to Solo, 3DR is telling me to wait for the latest app software update which is supposed to drop around the 16th or 17th of this month to see if the problem is addressed and corrected. I'm using a new Solo with a new gimbal so I know this isn't a isolated problem since the other Solo set up I've own had the same problem plus I'm using a new Gopro as well. I can't be the only one having this problem. So far 3DRs only help has been to turn everything on in a certain boot order but honestly that only helps often and not all the time which goes, Gopro, Solo, controller, app, and what's weird about it all is that if I sometimes do a random boot order I get lucky and get a okay stable live feed on the app, I don't understand, the possibility that this is all due to 1.2.0 not yet having a Solo app version that is completely compatible and synchronized is real, Example when I now attempt smart shots my Solo app slows down dramatically where it either crashes or becomes completely unstable and unresponsive to my commands, once almost causing a crash when I was performing a orbit shot after the app crashed right after the video feed started going really bad. For now my Solo is useless because of the unreliable video live feed on the app I'm flying blind and now find my self grounded until further notice. If the next app update doesn't fix this problem I'm giving up on the Solo, Five Solo's later and I still can't get a properly working machine not to mention we still don't even have what was promised as well as advertised to us full Gopro functions, Solo at the moment seems to be both hardware & software disappointing.

Last edited:
Most of the latency is the GoPro itself, there's 80ms of the latency in the GoPro, I believe the Sololink adds 60ms on top of that.

The link range was improved massively in 1.2.0, quality only took a small hit for that.

It's worth checking you haven't got any power saving features turned on with your Android app, I'm not familiar with Android, but I remember one guy having feed problems had enabled power saving and that was causing it.

By the next release, you'll be able to switch between video and camera shots, so 3DR is delivering new functionality every release now and it's not a great deal of time from one release to the next.

Most of the latency is the GoPro itself, there's 80ms of the latency in the GoPro, I believe the Sololink adds 60ms on top of that.

The link range was improved massively in 1.2.0, quality only took a small hit for that.

It's worth checking you haven't got any power saving features turned on with your Android app, I'm not familiar with Android, but I remember one guy having feed problems had enabled power saving and that was causing it.

By the next release, you'll be able to switch between video and camera shots, so 3DR is delivering new functionality every release now and it's not a great deal of time from one release to the next.
No my phone isn't in any type of power saving hybrid mode so that's not at all the issue, thanks for the feed back though.

Ever since updating the Solo's firmware to 1.2.0 my Gopro Hero-4 Black has really poor live view feed with ton's of latency, to getting stuck on single frame on the app, to no Gopro live view showing up after a cold start. I'm using a Nexus 6 which has always worked just fine prior to the latest firmware update to Solo, 3DR is telling me to wait for the latest app software update which is supposed to drop around the 16th or 17th of this month to see if the problem is addressed and corrected. I'm using a new Solo with a new gimbal so I know this isn't a isolated problem since the other Solo set up I've own had the same problem plus I'm using a new Gopro as well. I can't be the only one having this problem. So far 3DRs only help has been to turn everything on in a certain boot order but honestly that only helps often and not all the time which goes, Gopro, Solo, controller, app, and what's weird about it all is that if I sometimes do a random boot order I get lucky and get a okay stable live feed on the app, I don't understand, the possibility that this is all due to 1.2.0 not yet having a Solo app version that is completely compatible and synchronized is real, Example when I now attempt smart shots my Solo app slows down dramatically where it either crashes or becomes completely unstable and unresponsive to my commands once even almost causing a crash when I was performing a orbit shot. For now my Solo is useless because of the unreliable live I now find my self grounded until further notice. If the next app update doesn't fix this problem I'm giving up on the Solo, Five Solo's later and I still can't get a properly working one and we still don't even have what was promised as well as advertised to us full Gopro functionality.

Last edited:
Ever since updating the Solo's firmware to 1.2.0 my Gopro Hero-4 Black has really poor live feed with ton's of latency, to getting stuck on single frame on the app, to no Gopro live view showing up after a cold start. I'm using a Nexus 6 which has always worked just fine prior to the latest firmware update to Solo, 3DR is telling me to wait for the latest app software update which is supposed to drop around the 16th or 17th of this month to see if the problem is addressed and corrected. I'm using a new Solo with a new gimbal so I know this isn't a isolated problem since the other Solo set up I've own had the same problem plus I'm using a new Gopro as well. I can't be the only one having this problem. So far 3DRs only help has been to turn everything on in a certain boot order but honestly that only helps often and not all the time which goes, Gopro, Solo, controller, app, and what's weird about it all is that if I sometimes do a random boot order I get lucky and get a okay stable live feed on the app, I don't understand, the possibility that this is all due to 1.2.0 not yet having a Solo app version that is completely compatible and synchronized is real, Example when I now attempt smart shots my Solo app slows down dramatically where it either crashes or becomes completely unstable and unresponsive to my commands, once even almost causing a crash when I was performing a orbit shot. For now my Solo is useless because of the unreliable live I now find my self grounded until further notice. If the next app update doesn't fix this problem I'm giving up on the Solo, Five Solo's later and I still can't get a properly working one and we still don't even have what was promised as well as advertised to us full Gopro

Same problem here! I'm getting some amount of latency more so when I manually roll the gimbal. I first noticed this the day I installed the gimbal, I never had this issue when I was using my GoPro mounted in the frame.
I'm guessing it has something to do with the video feed going through the board on the gimbal. I'm hoping the next update will fix this.

Reactions: Projeffrey11
Same problem here! I'm getting some amount of latency more so when I manually roll the gimbal. I first noticed this the day I installed the gimbal, I never had this issue when I was using my GoPro mounted in the frame.
I'm guessing it has something to do with the video feed going through the board on the gimbal. I'm hoping the next update will fix this.
I hundred percent agree with you I think it is the gimbal, I've taken it off and used the stock Gopro mount and everything works fine or should I say just a whole lot better because it was never outstanding in the first place.

I hundred percent agree with you I think it is the gimbal, I've taken it off and used the stock Gopro mount and everything works fine or should I say just a whole lot better because it was never outstanding in the first place.

I thought at first it was my Galaxy tab 4 causing the problem being a El cheapo tableto_O I switched back to using my S6 with the same problem so it has nothing to do with what device receives the video signal.

Anyone else here having this problem?

I thought at first it was my Galaxy tab 4 causing the problem being a El cheapo tableto_O I switched back to using my S6 with the same problem so it has nothing to do with what device receives the video signal.

Anyone else here having this problem?
My Nexus-6 always worked pretty well until 1.2.0 seems to be a android problem, but I can't confirm that.

4 HERO 4 Black's. 2 Solo's. Nexus 7 and 9. No problems here...

Anyone with a IOS device have this problem? Please weight in.

I don't have any apple products to try it on. I have a Ipad 4 but the 3DR app is not compatible for the regular Ipads:confused:

4 HERO 4 Black's. 2 Solo's. Nexus 7 and 9. No problems here...
This is kind of aimed for people that are having similar problems to exchange information and ideas, but good to know you're in the very small group of people with little to no problems nevertheless.

I bought a Nexus 7 just to use with the Solo and I lost my video feed with 1.2 as well. I switched to my iPhone 6 and my video started working instantly. It appears to be an Android issue. Using my iPhone til the new app drops.

Reactions: Projeffrey11
This is kind of aimed for people that are having similar problems to exchange information and ideas, but good to know you're in the very small group of people with little to no problems nevertheless.
LOL... So you "assume" that everyone is having problems because you are? Wouldn't you also want to know if it is only a few, or only you? It would make sense to me, that if you are searching for an answer you would want to know this?

Reactions: Ian [P13] and dcal
I bought a Nexus 7 just to use with the Solo and I lost my video feed with 1.2 as well. I switched to my iPhone 6 and my video started working instantly. It appears to be an Android issue. Using my iPhone til the new app drops.
I thank you for that useful information, most useful information I been given by far. Seems like this problem is leaning towards poor Android app support and programming, almost no surprise as well since a couple of updates back I remember I had to reinstall the Solo app just to fix a bug that didn't allow a normal firmware update to complete.

LOL... So you "assume" that everyone is having problems because you are? Wouldn't you also want to know if it is only a few, or only you? It would make sense to me, that if you are searching for an answer you would want to know this?
To be totally honest with you 3DR in my experience always makes issues like this seems like you're a isolated problem, even though they may be well aware of the problem since they've been losing a buttload of business since they're honoring the money back guarantee they want to make sure you're past 30 days first. Second there are many 3DR fanboys on this site not saying that you're one but I honestly don't want to hear how great you're Solo is when I'm trying to get information from people like me who are having similar issues and are currently grounded because of this problem no offense to you but this isn't the thread, unless you have information to help resolve the problem related to this thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc