Gimbals delayed til end of August

Now it's official.......
http://3drobotics.com/solo-gimbal-update/
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So for the experts out there 3DR stated they used the solo for one of their original marketing videos, do you find this statement to be true? Just wondering because the footage looks really good... maybe too good.

Cuz if it was good enough for their video, it's good enough for me.

So for the experts out there 3DR stated they used the solo for one of their original marketing videos, do you find this statement to be true? Just wondering because the footage looks really good... maybe too good.

Cuz if it was good enough for their video, it's good enough for me.

Any product pre production unit can have good results. The difference is consistency in those results is what is needed and under most (not all or some) flying situations. For instance, the latest update indicates it is the wind they were having trouble with.

Well, Good News! Chris Anderson of 3DR said that gimbal production started today! We may be making progress now..

Whats sad is when I was at Nabshow back in April this year one of 3Dr's reps must not have been fully informed but was he was telling me and a small crowd the solo would be constructed at their Tijuana facility making shipping much more accessible to the US market.

Sad to find out that wasn't remotely true only weeks later.

It is just a matter of time before some Attorney in California who purchased a Solo takes them to the mat for the constant delays. There is one big point that will come home and "lay them to waste". How did they make the release video if the product was not complete. I know the Federal Trade Commission rules for advertising and they seem to have crushed the rules. I had every expectation that the system was complete when I waited and then purchased it. Only to find out after my order was delivered the Gimbal was not even through quality control. They had to know this. I order the gimbal through them. They offered it for sale with no restrictions or disclaimer that it was not ready.

They advertised a SHELL... there were no guts in the Gimbal.... get serious if that is not misleading I do not know what is.

It is just a matter of time before some Attorney in California who purchased a Solo takes them to the mat for the constant delays. There is one big point that will come home and "lay them to waste". How did they make the release video if the product was not complete. I know the Federal Trade Commission rules for advertising and they seem to have crushed the rules. I had every expectation that the system was complete when I waited and then purchased it. Only to find out after my order was delivered the Gimbal was not even through quality control. They had to know this. I order the gimbal through them. They offered it for sale with no restrictions or disclaimer that it was not ready.

They advertised a SHELL... there were no guts in the Gimbal.... get serious if that is not misleading I do not know what is.
It is just a matter of time before some Attorney in California who purchased a Solo takes them to the mat for the constant delays.
Not sure if you are being serious, but just in case; Nothing illegal about pre-orders and you don't have to sue to get your money back. (They probably haven't charged you for the gimbal yet anyway).
How did they make the release video if the product was not complete.
Seriously? They have had prototypes and test samples for some time.
I know the Federal Trade Commission rules for advertising and they seem to have crushed the rules.
Specifically what 'rule'? Companies promote all types of product before release. From cell phones to cars and books, music & movies.
I had every expectation that the system was complete when I waited and then purchased it. Only to find out after my order was delivered the Gimbal was not even through quality control.
At which point you could have returned the Solo unopened for a full refund, and still can.
Seriously? They have had prototypes and test samples for some time.

Fly Safe..

Jub have no comments as I don't. But question. You have not been charged for gimbal? I sure have. Probably because it was ordered all at once and they could not partially charge.

Just curious.

Jub have no comments as I don't. But question. You have not been charged for gimbal? I sure have. Probably because it was ordered all at once and they could not partially charge.

Just curious.
No, I was only charged for the Solo when it shipped. Gimbal is still on BO. But I had try to cancel the Solo at one point but they had already shipped it. So not sure if they split the billing.

if it makes you guys feel any better the gimbal is delayed until the 7th of September in Canada...that's over 2 months since I paid for mine.
if it gets much later I'm going to have to shovel snow to launch it

No, I was only charged for the Solo when it shipped. Gimbal is still on BO. But I had try to cancel the Solo at one point but they had already shipped it. So not sure if they split the billing.

Thanks. They billed me in full including battery and gimbal two weeks before it shipped.

Hoping they get me my money back as quick as they billed me !

So far the return process/MBG deal has not went very well :eek:

I was only charged for the solo and shipping. Even tho I ordered it with the gimbal and the invoice showed the full amount, still waiting for the extra battery as well, from B&H Photo. In away it is good for me as I am new to this and it gives me time to gain experience with the solo without the added camera controls. For now, I know the camera is pointing dead center, helps me when I can't see the solo well enough to know just where its pointing...

Thanks @Solo58216

These guys are inconsistent.

First I was wrong when I said I was billed two weeks prior. Does not appear it hit my account until about 5 days before I got it. My mistake.

Regardless, this is what they billed me. That is Solo, extra battery and gimbal.

So I have been billed for sure !

2015-08-06_9-30-21.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc