Gimbals are shipping

oh I see, i was getting the solo page mixed up w/ the gimbal page. Ok good to know, HOPEFULLY ill have mine by mid september.

oh I see, i was getting the solo page mixed up w/ the gimbal page. Ok good to know, HOPEFULLY ill have mine by mid september.

Wow, that can't be right can it. I figured if you ordered a Solo from 3DR it would ship pretty quickly. Either they forgot to update ship times or they are sending all stock to retailers.

Wow, that can't be right can it. I figured if you ordered a Solo from 3DR it would ship pretty quickly. Either they forgot to update ship times or they are sending all stock to retailers.

I dunno what my situation is, i ordered my solo+gimbal early may, received my solo after a screw up on their end. Havent heard a single thing about my gimbal. They've called 3x to authorize payment on my card, and yeah. just a mess.

worst case scenario im desperately hoping some big box store will have some in store stock by the 21st-25th cuz 3dr is just confusing .

I dunno what my situation is, i ordered my solo+gimbal early may, received my solo after a screw up on their end. Havent heard a single thing about my gimbal. They've called 3x to authorize payment on my card, and yeah. just a mess.

worst case scenario im desperately hoping some big box store will have some in store stock by the 21st-25th cuz 3dr is just confusing .

Yeah, I heading to St. Thomas on Tuesday so I'm hoping some news about either my order from 3DR has some movement or BB has it in stock by the time I return.

Reactions: 1264_Solo
It is confusing, I have three weeks before I leave, but cant get any thing definitive from 3Dr if I ordered today I would get it in time.

I emailed 3DR to ask about this and if I should order direct from them. Here is the response.

Hello Erich,

Thank you for contacting 3DR.
At the moment we are still shipping our pre orders from June and July.
Once we ship those order we will continue with the new orders.
This could take about 3-4 weeks as well.
You are more than welcome to placed an order though us but it will arrive around the same time.

Regards,

Miguel Carral
3DR Technical Support
Mon-Sun 8am-5pm PST
Sat-Sun 9am-2pm PST
(858)225-1414
(855) 982-2898

Just got off the phone with 3DR the gimbals may or not ship this week, thursday or friday. 200 gimbals went out in the first order. Seems to me gimbals are not ready at all. The image we saw in the news section from 3DR is all the gimbals made. That's it... you call this a global launch.
Kickstarter campaigns do better than this.

Just got off the phone with 3DR the gimbals may or not ship this week, thursday or friday. 200 gimbals went out in the first order. Seems to me gimbals are not ready at all. The image we saw in the news section from 3DR is all the gimbals made. That's it... you call this a global launch.
Kickstarter campaigns do better than this.
I would imagine, 3DR have sold 100's if not 1000's of gimbals, there are lot's more gimbals then what you see in that pic. not everyone of the people that bought/Ordered a Gimbal doesn't belongs to this site or other site. More Gimbals coming soon!

thats just it. Only 200 have been produced up to know. 3 months of waiting and only that many have been produced and shipped.

Gimbal finally arrived today. Hope to setup and get it flying this weekend. 3 months behind schedule. Better be as good as video we have seen.

Attachments

• IMG_3928.JPG
    IMG_3928.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: 1264_Solo
Would love to hear your thoughts. I got mine on yesterday and had just enough sunlight for a test flight. Really disappointed with it, seems really underpowered and had some jello in my video, not to mention it "fell over" twice while in the air. Hopefully can be fixed with software.

Would love to hear your thoughts. I got mine on yesterday and had just enough sunlight for a test flight. Really disappointed with it, seems really underpowered and had some jello in my video, not to mention it "fell over" twice while in the air. Hopefully can be fixed with software.
Did you balance the gimbal? With the camera in it should be level with Solo power off.

Did you balance the gimbal? With the camera in it should be level with Solo power off.

According to the pamphlet included with the gimbal, it doesn't need to be balanced with the Hero4 Black. It does sit (and stay) level while on the ground.

In the the air the gimbal clearly shuts off for a second, falling over due to the pitch/roll of the solo, then comes back on and levels off a few seconds later.

Actually, I shouldn't say "shuts off" as it is pretty clearly still on, but it goes into a mode where the motors shut off, then eventually comes back on. You can get it to do this on the ground too by giving it a little poke while it's powered on. Most 3 axis gimbals, you'll feel it resist the "poke" with however much force the motors can put out, the solo gimbal seems to have a "failsafe" where it gives up past a certain point. It seems to me that point is either set too low (so as to be triggered in air), or the motors are just way too weak.

good lord.

I.. actually.. got.. shipping.. info.

how long I've waited.
Now hope it's not defective.
A lanyard. :D
LOL. Just kidding. Hope it's a gimbal. UPS holiday today but maybe gimbals are priority....right!

Yes I got shipping info this morning email too. Has my original order # for solo and gimbal with it. I am debating rejecting the shipment but if its a lanyard I would like to have it.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

A lanyard. :D
LOL. Just kidding. Hope it's a gimbal. UPS holiday today but maybe gimbals are priority....right!

haha I got plenty of Lanyards over at nabshow, as you can tell by my picture they bothered to make ping pong balls as well. hella random but whatever lol.

But you're right, hope it is a gimbal. I'm nervous to get it hearing all these stories of gimbals not functioning correctly. 1 thing a time I guess

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea