Gimbals are shipping

Joel - do a search on this site for that. There are a few threads that cover it, complete with videos and the gear that you need.

Reactions: Nolan
For those frustrated and wondering when they'll receive theirs, I talked to a 3dr rep and this is a general time frame they gave me... of course there are some exceptions. But whatever.

"Regarding the Gimbal, we started shipping them in batches in the order they were placed. We started with the batch last week, so you should get it any tome soon, hopefully between this week or the next since the orders are being shipped from China.

1st batch: (if you ordered before May)
2nd batch: (before June)
3rd batch: (before July)

We offer our deepest apologies for any inconvenience caused."

Interesting; being that you'll get yours long before many of us who ordered long before you will have ours. I guess there will be a bunch more, "I Hate 3DR" posts popping up soon.
Interesting. I ordered Solo the same day. I was told ~6 weeks on that. It arrived 2 weeks later. Both ordered directly from 3DR.

Many of us ordered in and prior to May. I can't speak for anyone else but I still have no shipping date. Not an issue as I just fly my Inspire 1 and if Autoflight Logic (auto flight app for Inspire 1) gets it together before I get my gimbal, I'll just return the Solo, sell the backpack and extra batts and be done with it.

Reactions: 1264_Solo
Pretty odd. On the 3DR website if you order a gimbal now, this is what it says:

If you place your order today, your gimbal will ship within 2-3 weeks.

It used to say 6 to 8 weeks. Maybe I'll cancel my preorder....NOT!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1264_Solo and Nolan
People need to relax. This is why I wait for early adopters to go through the haggle of ordering a new product, testing the shot out of it in phase 1 and 2. Then in phase 3 meaning 3rd software update, after reviews, if there good, I order. So far things look good. But that's only so far . so we'll see. I commend the brave early adopters but sometimes I wish people would just relax, put themselves in this companies shoes, and consider the fact that order shipment times with all products from smaller newer companies vary greatly. In this case depending on who you ordered your gimbal through determines that shipment date. Best buy will recieve in bulk. So that may take longer if you ordered through them. B&H up in New York will definitely have a different recieve and shipment date from Best Buy. Likewise ordering from 3dr probably was and always will be the quickest shipping route. Most who have recieved have recieved from 3dr. The track record already shows this.
They also have a track record of doing this over at Black Magic design. As well as many other companies.

Pretty odd. On the 3DR website if you order a gimbal now, this is what it says:

It used to say 6 to 8 weeks. Maybe I'll cancel my preorder....NOT!

I saw that too. I was very late to the game and didn't order everything till last week. BH is telling me it will ship at the end of September. I'm wondering if I should cancel and order direct.

you guys are waiting 2 to 3 weeks only holy molly, but me 2 to 3 months 3dr available in asia so i have my patience.. cmon people just relax ok?

if it was a 2-3 week wait, i was going to put an order through w/ b&h.
Im so over dealing w/ 3dr support, I got a missed call from them yesterday asking about my solo and gimbal..... again, for the 4th time.

JUST CHARGE MY CARD AND SEND IT TO ME.

Site is back up to a 6 week wait it says.

from 3DR:
Solo Gimbal

Only the 3-axis Solo Gimbal offers in-flight GoPro® control and perfectly smooth, live-streaming HD video from your GoPro® direct to mobile.

$399.95

from 3DR:
Solo Gimbal

Only the 3-axis Solo Gimbal offers in-flight GoPro® control and perfectly smooth, live-streaming HD video from your GoPro® direct to mobile.

$399.95

Interesting, can you post a link cuz I must be looking at another page cuz the one I looked at said 6

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela