Gimbal wire diagram for aftermarket gimbal

IMG_6838.JPG awp0 is spot on with his directions. I followed them from his earlier post and have the storm 32 working beautifully. The route I went was just splicing into the Gimbal cable and soldering to the needed wires. Not to bad if you have a little soldering experience. The only thing I have done differently is leaving heartbeats disabled. When I enable them things act a little crazy but it is working fine with them disabled. My solo is 100% stock by the way. I too would be interested in a more permanent mount as I am using tiny zip ties now which are working OK for now. If anyone is thinking of going the storm 32 route I'm sure others along with myself would assist in anyway needed. Thank you to the other members who have shared there findings.

Yeah, my guess is that there are multiple paths toward getting a Storm32 up and running with the Solo. The MP parameters I posted above are for the Mavlink2 protocol. I think some other people have been working with a standard Mavlink config, with varying success.

Anyway, this worked for me. I;ve never used the normal Solo gimbal so I really can't say how it compares. Here's a video I took a few days ago with the Storm32. I'm sure the PID settings can be further improved, but it's a good start:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Any videos with smart shot support I'm really curious?

View attachment 7736 awp0 is spot on with his directions. I followed them from his earlier post and have the storm 32 working beautifully. The route I went was just splicing into the Gimbal cable and soldering to the needed wires. Not to bad if you have a little soldering experience. The only thing I have done differently is leaving heartbeats disabled. When I enable them things act a little crazy but it is working fine with them disabled. My solo is 100% stock by the way. I too would be interested in a more permanent mount as I am using tiny zip ties now which are working OK for now. If anyone is thinking of going the storm 32 route I'm sure others along with myself would assist in anyway needed. Thank you to the other members who have shared there findings.
How exactly are the smartshots working with no Mavlink Heartbeat?

View attachment 7736 awp0 is spot on with his directions. I followed them from his earlier post and have the storm 32 working beautifully. The route I went was just splicing into the Gimbal cable and soldering to the needed wires. Not to bad if you have a little soldering experience. The only thing I have done differently is leaving heartbeats disabled. When I enable them things act a little crazy but it is working fine with them disabled. My solo is 100% stock by the way. I too would be interested in a more permanent mount as I am using tiny zip ties now which are working OK for now. If anyone is thinking of going the storm 32 route I'm sure others along with myself would assist in anyway needed. Thank you to the other members who have shared there findings.
I just used the Solo hard gopro mount like this it connects perfect and looks like OEM mount
I would also be interested. Mine is attached with zip ties currently. Works fine, but it's a bit of a hack.
Here you go, just use what you already have it works great mounts right up and Looks like it is OEM.

P.S. I did have to add leg extentions that I made as this adds about an inch and a half more hanging down. I have 2" leg extentions so have a good half inch ground clearance when connected to Drone.

Attachments

• IMG_2466.JPG
    IMG_2466.JPG
    307.6 KB · Views: 67
Thanks. I have been out of state so have not had time to do anything at home. Really sorry. Do you know were I can find how to wire the storm32 to the solo?

That’s what I’m trying to figure out now, haven’t had time to do anything this last week maybe in the next couple of days I’ll be able to figure it out. I think someone gave an explanation earlier in this thread. I’ll post here with picture when I get it sorted out.

Do you guys even read the posts? Observe my post a few above yours I pointed this out already Lol? I do see he was sort of asking you for the info though so yeah OK

No I had not read any post for the last week as I was busy. I just responded to his question when I saw it hit my email. As for whether or not he did, I can’t answer that question.
Sorry your so easily irritated, but you could simply have ignored his question and my response. I don’t come on here to tell people how stupid they are because they over looked something that has already been posted. I know I have been doing a lot of reading on this gimbal subject and I suppose I have missed a comment or two.
So do I need to quit coming here and answer someone’s question when they ask? Please let me know.

Yeah, does seem strange the lack of confirmation.
I'm going to give it a try with my setup and make some observations,
Sorry your so easily irritated
Quite the contrary, just read through some of my threads I'm very helpful and I never get irritated. I never said you were stupid where you getting that from? If I offended you or came off like an ass-hat that was not my intention. You can answer as many post's as you please. The reason I called this to your attention is the mass confusion and the utter misinformation regarding Storm32 based Gimbals. we have all asked but never have seen one shred of PROOF that a storm32 based gimbal is working correctly regarding smart-shots? That's the whole issue here. If or when you wire up a Storm32 based Gimbal according to AWP0's instructions Please just let us know if smart-shots work correctly? I've wired up a few Storm32 Gimbals stabilization and tilt is simple Smart-shots not so much..Good luck with the project.

Last edited:

Quite the contrary, just read through some of my threads I'm very helpful and I never get irritated. I never said you were stupid where you getting that from? If I offended you or came off like an ass-hat that was not my intention. You can answer as many post's as you please. The reason I called this to your attention is the mass confusion and the utter misinformation regarding Storm32 based Gimbals. we have all asked but never have seen one shred of PROOF that a storm32 based gimbal is working correctly regarding smart-shots? That's the whole issue here. If or when you wire up a Storm32 based Gimbal according to AWP0's instructions Please just let us know if smart-shots work correctly? I've wired up a few Storm32 Gimbals stabilization and tilt is simple Smart-shots not so much..Good luck with the project.

Quite the contrary, just read through some of my threads I'm very helpful and I never get irritated. I never said you were stupid where you getting that from? If I offended you or came off like an ass-hat that was not my intention.

Oh ok, I thought you were slamming me for not reading your post, sorry all is good. I spent last nite going through all the posts and I see your point. A lot of requests for confirmation, but nothing solid in return. Found out my board is toast so waiting for the replacement to get here.
I noticed you suggest soldering to the board pin outs rather then splicing into the data cable wiring. Any particular reason why?

Thanks,
Al

I noticed you suggest soldering to the board pin outs rather then splicing into the data cable wiring. Any particular reason why?
Makes it easier to solder ground, power and paddle tilt from the top of the board by lifting out the battery tray (its right there all marked) but you can grab the TX RX (UART) from the gimbal data cable (green and white wire) and also the brown wire for ground comes off the data cable. Once you have it apart you will see what I mean..Keep us posted on how it works out for you and do not hesitate to ask questions for help if needed.Good luck.

Makes it easier to solder ground, power and paddle tilt from the top of the board by lifting out the battery tray (its right there all marked) but you can grab the TX RX (UART) from the gimbal data cable (green and white wire) and also the brown wire for ground comes off the data cable. Once you have it apart you will see what I mean..Keep us posted on how it works out for you and do not hesitate to ask questions for help if needed.Good luck.
Thanks I will. I think I’ll go the solder route, cleaner.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig