Gimbal Repair or Salvaging...

Reaction score
Seems that gimbals are drying up or the price are getting to the point that repairing is a fair option now. I'm not particular interesting being in the gimbal repair business, but have repaired a couple just for shits and giggles...

Here are the two threads on how I replaced a hdmi connector or fabricated a tool to (attempt) repair of a bent gimbal....I encourage those that have the interest to make an effort to repair. Tools and skills are required , as is patience.

And to others needing a little extra moola, I encourage you to consider repairing for others that can't.

https://3drpilots.com/threads/bent-gimbal.9256/#post-98916
https://3drpilots.com/threads/solo-gimbal-micro-hdmi-type-d-connector-replacement.5084/

The Salvaging part:

On the other hand, If anyone has a bad gimbal and you're considering trashing, I'd like to find them a home at some time in the future. Again I have no interest in a repair biz, but I have the parts and some idle time occasionally. You'd be donating to the cause, with no potentially return. Slap a first class postage on it and send it on. I'd just like to save as many (10 maybe) gimbals as possible from ending up in the trash that could have a potential for being repaired. Obviously not everything is repairable and I know enough now to cull quickly those that can't.

Making the world a better place, one gimbal at a time...;)

Reactions: Maddog and EZL
Can I jump on the 'Send me your tired, your poor, your broken-ass gimbals' boat, too? I'm more interested in diagnosing electrical faults and seeing if it is possible to replace the IMU, as I have a sneaking suspicion that is where a lot of the problems originate.

Reactions: Maddog and RichWest
You sure can Bruce as far as I'm concerned!
I've got two incoming from eBay that are for "repair or parts" so I'll run my own tests then update you then maybe ship them off for you to see if you can sort them out for me.

Very careful application of counter forces to bend it back. I'm hoping to figure out if there is a way to very carefully remove and replace the arm, but my hopes are not super high.

my two bad ones are just bent
Send them to me and I'll try to repair, but like before no promises that I'll be successful.
Is there a fix for the "bent arm"?
I made a tool to grab the yaw arm, that's all it really does at this point. I was able to straighten one of my gimbals, but it's still not right. I kind of postponed trying to square it up further as I have more than enough gimbals on hand and it was when gimbals were cheap and plentiful. The tool works, but I need a few more jigs to help gauge that the gimbal is straight XYZ. That'll take time to build, but should recover a few gimbals that would have been trash otherwise.

https://3drpilots.com/threads/bent-gimbal.9256/#post-98916

You sure can Bruce as far as I'm concerned!
I've got two incoming from eBay that are for "repair or parts" so I'll run my own tests then update you then maybe ship them off for you to see if you can sort them out for me.
Hello, do you do repairs on the 3dr gimbal? I crashed and now I don't get any video to my phone and the angle won't move up or down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44