Gimbal not centered

Reaction score
Hey all, new to the forums.

I searched around to see if I could get an answer but found differing opinions. Has anyone heard from 3dr whether or not it's normal for the gimbal to be off-center to the right a few degrees? It's not significant, but I noticed it today and it struck me as odd.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
Yes. That is normal. All of my Solo's are slightly turned that way. Because the lens itself is not centered, the left side leg is more likely to encroach on the video frame. So I think they have the gimbals programmed to slightly turn away from that leg. Software on the Solo seems to compensate for it for smart shots, etc.

Hmm, I see a lot of left leg in my shots. I didn't notice it before. Was flying in stabilized mode. It ruins the shot.

I search more to see if anyone found a resolution to this.

Hmm, I see a lot of left leg in my shots. I didn't notice it before. Was flying in stabilized mode. It ruins the shot.

I search more to see if anyone found a resolution to this.
Change the lens, there are a few other benefits.

I see some peeps are running the Peau product. What does that do for the image quality?

As far as gimbal alignment goes, I noticed today when I powered it up I got a calibration message that I hadn't seen before.
I'm curious if a gimbal cal happens at boot up also?
I'll check it next flight.

I see some peeps are running the Peau product. What does that do for the image quality?

As far as gimbal alignment goes, I noticed today when I powered it up I got a calibration message that I hadn't seen before.
I'm curious if a gimbal cal happens at boot up also?
I'll check it next flight.
Peau lenses will give you a narrower field of view and thus eliminating the left leg in the shot. In terms of image quality, in my opinion it's on par with the stock lens.

There is multiple threads here discussing lens modifications try searching for PeauPro and/ or Peau Productions.

Some of us, myself included have recently purchased a 3.8mm lens direct from a Chinese supplier and I'm getting great results with this lens. It's similar field of view as the Peau Productions 3.97mm lens.

You can google GoPro lens modifications to find out how to remove your stock lense. If you go down this route you will also need to make sure that whatever lens you put in there that you learn to make sure it's focused properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all, new to the forums.

I searched around to see if I could get an answer but found differing opinions. Has anyone heard from 3dr whether or not it's normal for the gimbal to be off-center to the right a few degrees? It's not significant, but I noticed it today and it struck me as odd.

Indeed everyone has a different opinion.

Mine malfunctioned and I had to get a replacement. The original one pointed away from the closest leg to the lense. The new one is perfectly centered....

Go figure...

So, in the end, centered perfectly may "look better", but off center away from that leg will get you shots with a lower chance of seeing it in frame.

For what it's worth, 3DR told me it should be perfectly centered lol.

Like Pyrat said, it's fine, go out and enjoy bud!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks