Gimbal - Exploded View

Reaction score
Again it seems many are trying to repair gimbals, I've posted several threads of my efforts to repair said gimbals. For the sake of sharing, here are exploded view of the break down along with a detailing shot of the ribbon connectors and tools I use to disassemble the gimbal.

And again a warning to those that would make the effort to repair, you will likely destroy your first gimbal during disassembly. My only advice is to proceed slowly, have good lighting and don't force anything. Main areas of failure is the ribbon cables' release and loosening the shafts' grub screws. Beyond that most everything is intuitive, if you are a tinkering type person.

Here's some additional info as well:
Bent gimbal...
Gimbal Shaft Screws
Solo Gimbal Micro-HDMI (Type-D) connector replacement
Gimbal - FPC/FFC connector
Dead Gimbal Repair...Plus More

Feel free to copy and edit the photos for your needs. This posting is a resource to the community, "pictures are worth a thousand words" type of thing.

FWIW, I place wax paper over the ribbon cable's locations of adhesive to protect them from smeckum

PA060367 - Copy.JPG
PA060368 - Copy.JPG

Main Board -

PA060366 - Copy.JPG

Main Board - Ribbon Connection - w/o adhesive

PA060372 - Copy.JPG
PA060373 - Copy.JPG

Tools -

PA060370 - Copy.JPG

Attachments

• PA060365 - Copy.JPG
    PA060365 - Copy.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Last edited:
Hi

J3 or J4, which one leads to the Hero port?
Looking closely... J3?

I wanna be sure before I decide to take it apart at some point
thanks

Edit
Mine has black connectors data an small 3pin jst lol. Should that indicate a revision of some sort?

Last edited:
J3 is the data ribbon, so yes a pipeline to the hero port....not sure where the conversion happens on the gimbal, but the gimbal is controlled using MavLink. Beyond my pay scale to know otherwise.

Black/white connectors, it was random to what got what..besides nobody was posting SN to understand one way or another after 2015.

I'd venture to bet, any NIB gimbal had today is a BestBuy or B&H sell-off gimbal. Which were likely a wide mix of the initial run to the final production units. Gimbal hoarding became a thing back then...I'm guilty of still having a few.

Reactions: spieky

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc