Gimbal and Backpack ship dates

Checked Best buy today. Their system says gimbal will be available Aug 9th. Well at least the ones in Kansas City.

BB still has it as "coming soon" for both shipping and local Hawaii store. They have 1 more day for their "end of July" estimate. What happened to the so called "buffer" that Roger keeps mentioning?

Not a single BB in the state of Washington has a backpack in, or an ETA when they will have them.

For those of you who pre-ordered early:
  • Backpacks should start arriving today or tomorrow.
  • Gimbals should start arriving by the END of the first week of August.
My backpack is slated to arrive first thing tomorrow morning. I pre-ordered very early - within the first few hours of items becoming available. And I pre-ordered everything from DSLRpros. Timing from 3DR and other sources should be about the same. I would expect to see backpacks in BestBuy today or tomorrow.
Well I am still waiting for my SOLO itself. I ordered both the quad and the gimbal July 1st. was told 2-4 weeks by person on the phone. Sure hope they both arrive before my month long trip to the South Pacific. Was really hoping to have it before then. If not perhaps I can cancel and pick up a DJI Phantom instead.

Well I am still waiting for my SOLO itself. I ordered both the quad and the gimbal July 1st. was told 2-4 weeks by person on the phone. Sure hope they both arrive before my month long trip to the South Pacific. Was really hoping to have it before then. If not perhaps I can cancel and pick up a DJI Phantom instead.

Yeah I would hate to go on a long trip like that droneless. If I wasn't so invested in my solo a part of me wishes I had just gone with the phantom 3, but then I keep thinking about all the features of the solo and ones to come. You can get the phantom 3 on Amazon for a pretty good price and have it arrive in 2 days or less! I do hope you get your solo before your trip because you decided to go with it for a reason. Good luck!

Maybe you can buy some more and resale them and make some good money, if you are willing to do it, I'll buy one right away.

hope you don't mind my idea.

I can send you the money via paypal?

Thank You

Frys now has backpack in stores as of today. Just bought one at the fountain valley, ca store

Maybe you can buy some more and resale them and make some good money, if you are willing to do it, I'll buy one right away.

hope you don't mind my idea.

I can send you the money via paypal?

Thank You

I'd consider buying one too but honestly you'll proly get it sooner from best buy if they hit retail already than best buy likley has them now even if they're in the back at this point. I'll try tomorrow and post if I have any luck at the one I bought my solo at.

Last edited:
I tried online and nobody has them, if you go tomorrow and find one, if you buy it I will send you the money right away so you can ship it to me, that would be great.

please send me a PM tomorrow if you have any luck or an email to [email protected]

Thank You

I'd consider it but honestly you'll proly get it sooner from best buy if they hit retail already than best buy likley has them now even if they're in the back at this point. I'll try tomorrow and post if I have any luck at the one I bought my solo at.

I meant I'd consider buying one from others but if I have luck I'll let you know I don't even care to make anything just cover shipping if they have em.

sorry, I thought you meant you would try to get some from a store.

thanks

I meant I'd consider buying one from others but if I have luck I'll let you know I don't even care to make anything just cover shipping if they have em.

DSLRPros told me on Tuesday Gimbal had been delayed till second week of August

Just purchased a backpack for in-store pick up at Fry's. Will pick it up this afternoon.

Hitting that "purchase" button took me a minute... I had to mentally commit to keeping the Solo...

Now, who thinks I might be able to buy a gimbal before I leave on vacation 8/16???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig