Gimbal and Backpack ship dates

Reaction score
For those of you who pre-ordered early:
  • Backpacks should start arriving today or tomorrow.
  • Gimbals should start arriving by the END of the first week of August.
My backpack is slated to arrive first thing tomorrow morning. I pre-ordered very early - within the first few hours of items becoming available. And I pre-ordered everything from DSLRpros. Timing from 3DR and other sources should be about the same. I would expect to see backpacks in BestBuy today or tomorrow.

For those of you who pre-ordered early:
  • Backpacks should start arriving today or tomorrow.
  • Gimbals should start arriving by the END of the first week of August.
My backpack is slated to arrive first thing tomorrow morning. I pre-ordered very early - within the first few hours of items becoming available. And I pre-ordered everything from DSLRpros. Timing from 3DR and other sources should be about the same. I would expect to see backpacks in BestBuy today or tomorrow.
Do you have shipping/tracking proof?

Do you have shipping/tracking proof?
Yes on the backpack. UPS tracking number.
No proof on the gimbal - just the word of a trusted insider.

Also I should say that my comment about backpacks showing up at BestBuy today or tomorrow is speculation on my part. Given the highly favorable terms that Best Buy was able to extract from 3DR in their contract, I think it's a safe assumption that they will get them first.

Last edited:
Is it tracking from China or DSLRPros?
Tracking from DSLRpros... AND... a personal phone conversation with DSLR pros shipping guy who had a question about delivery options. He physically had both of mine in his hands. (I ordered 2).

Tracking from DSLRpros... AND... a personal phone conversation with DSLR pros shipping guy who had a question about delivery options. He physically had both of mine in his hands. (I ordered 2).

Good deal

I also have a UPS Tracking number for a backpack from DSLRPros. Yea!
Everything I am seeing says mid-August for the gimbal.

People are posting photos of their backpacks in the Solo Owners FB group. Looks like some Fry's and Best Buys have them in store.

Thanks for the info Eric. Interesting that the Best Buy page for the backpacks still shows "Coming Soon" for Buy/Cart, Shipping, and Store Availability. I'll try the inventory query backdoor.

Thanks for the info Eric. Interesting that the Best Buy page for the backpacks still shows "Coming Soon" for Buy/Cart, Shipping, and Store Availability. I'll try the inventory query backdoor.
Backdoor? Do tell....

Personally, i'm not 100% the gimbals will be released on time. When I was in San Fran a few weeks ago, a 3DR beta tester (Yes, his full time job is spending 8 hrs a day flying Solo's) had the gimbal when we flew. It seemed to work as planned until when we were standing around a cool car drove by and he tried to rush the startup and the gimbal just flopped.

The gimbal was lopsided the entire flight.

That being said, it was a beta, but I assume the most up to date at that time.

Reactions: rrmccabe
I have no idea on arrival, but I have to assume you can calibrate the horizon on any gimbal... Just not in a rush:)

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnNuff
Checked a few stores today. No one had it. Best buy nor frys

B&H Photo has them. I just got a shipping notification from them today and it's on the big brown truck. I also pre-ordered the item some time ago. They really do exist!

here is review

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Are they in stock anywhere or did 3DR just drop ship one to their favorite video blogger?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso