Full battery, but app says it's -1%

Reaction score
Has anyone else had the problem when they are take off the app says the battery is around 95% and with in a couple minutes they lady in the app says that the "battery is below 10% return home soon". The screen on the app says it is at -1% but when I land it and check, it's still about 80%.

I have changed the battery before and the next on worked fine, but today it happened to 2 batteries in a row. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, TJ

You will need to do a parameter reset in Tower or Mission Planner. Somehow your battery parameters were changed.
Do a quick search on Parameter reset in this forum.

Very scary experience!

I've experience this intermittent problem and resolved it by rerouting the small wires (I think green and white) connected between the battery terminals and main board inside the Solo.

I route the sensor wires over the power wires going to the front left motorpod and then down to the main board.

Haven't had the problem since.

I think the solution that @andrew.baker.142 describes is correct if problem occurs all the time for all batteries, but rerouting sensor wires and/or fixing connection issues with them will resolve intermittent problem.

Very scary experience!

I've experience this intermittent problem and resolved it by rerouting the small wires (I think green and white) connected between the battery terminals and main board inside the Solo.

I route the sensor wires over the power wires going to the front left motorpod and then down to the main board.

I think the solution that @andrew.baker.142 describes is correct if problem occurs all the time for all batteries, but rerouting sensor wires and/or fixing connection issues with them will resolve intermittent problem.
I have had the -1 battery occur with a bad motor pod, removing the motor pod returned the battery reading to normal.

Reactions: poponx and TJ Jahn
I have had the -1 battery occur with a bad motor pod, removing the motor pod returned the battery reading to normal.
Thanks for the tip! I will look at that. Yeah it is only every one and a while. Thanks again.

Very scary experience!

Thank you
Very scary experience!

Thank you!

Reactions: sastian
You will need to do a parameter reset in Tower or Mission Planner. Somehow your battery parameters were changed.
Do a quick search on Parameter reset in this forum.

sorry, how is that done... i cant doit with the normal solo app, or thats something else ? im having the same problem.

sorry, how is that done... i cant doit with the normal solo app, or thats something else ? im having the same problem.
Based on all the other posts you've made about this, you have a defective battery. Nothing you can fix with software or settings.

Very scary experience!

Any idea why rerouting wires fixes the issue?

Any idea why rerouting wires fixes the issue?
The problem that I was having was intermittent false reports of battery power remaining.

This problem only occurred on one of my Solos and it didn't matter which battery I was using.

Even after re-positioning the wires, the problem did end up returning, just not as frequently. I ended up re-soldering the wire connections and cleaning the the top terminal where the battery connects and the problem never returned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo