Front Left LED turned solid Geen during landing.

The LEDs solid green
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
when exposed to a throttle on the screen
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9RD78vSPKzoJmrIp1
I'm waiting for an answer with the support of 3dr, can this be a problem solely in the engines? the planning mission did not test the engines in any way. only sells a sound signal and no more. return to factory settings did not solve the problem. the engines like the fly button are silent.
9RD78vSPKzoJmrIp1

Last edited:
The screen warning, "Lower Throttle", indicates there is either a calibration error in the controller or that the throttle is not re-centering. You have a couple of options...

I'd try blowing out the controller while moving the sticks around fully. Possibly something is preventing the stick(s) to re-center, grain of sand as an example. It is surprising how much junk gets into the controller through the stick wells.

I haven't done it in a while, but you can run a stick calibration. Search here on the forum for instruction on how to calibrate. Once you've tried cleaning first.

I had sand in my controller when I experienced the same warning screen. Cleaning the controller solved my issue.

Reactions: Kiraniv Group
The screen warning, "Lower Throttle", indicates there is either a calibration error in the controller or that the throttle is not re-centering. You have a couple of options...

I'd try blowing out the controller while moving the sticks around fully. Possibly something is preventing the stick(s) to re-center, grain of sand as an example. It is surprising how much junk gets into the controller through the stick wells.

I haven't done it in a while, but you can run a stick calibration. Search here on the forum for instruction on how to calibrate. Once you've tried cleaning first.

I had sand in my controller when I experienced the same warning screen. Cleaning the controller solved my issue.

Thank you, for your attention to my problem. But with calibration, I also already understood. the engines do not start when I press the "Flight." The Internet Almighty suggested only one thing about this, that there is some kind of magical testing of systems before takeoff, and that's just testing and hints at the problem with the engines. it happened after the assembly, after that ...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@RichWest Please tell me exactly how to clean, dismantled or just shaking helped. vacuum can remove the garbage from there?

@RichWest Please tell me exactly how to clean, dismantled or just shaking helped. vacuum can remove the garbage from there?
The key to whatever you do is to keep the sticks moving while vacuuming or blowing out with compressed air. In my case it was some sand caught in between the plastic parts in the stick well interface. I could kind of feel that the sticks felt gritty. I did separate the controller and also blew out the sticks from their underside.

Just giving advice as to what I experienced and how I resolved. You may have another issue, who knows. But it's worth cleaning first and then proceed to other options if it doesn't resolve.

The key to whatever you do is to keep the sticks moving while vacuuming or blowing out with compressed air. In my case it was some sand caught in between the plastic parts in the stick well interface. I could kind of feel that the sticks felt gritty. I did separate the controller and also blew out the sticks from their underside.

Just giving advice as to what I experienced and how I resolved. You may have another issue, who knows. But it's worth cleaning first and then proceed to other options if it doesn't resolve.

I agree! Do not try not to know.

The Lower Throttle error is what the controller shows when it receives the throttle too high arming failure from Arducopter (ardupilot/AP_Arming.cpp at b0c7766197aaa19236a42dd6f57221391c759899 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub). This error happens in the following two circumstances:
- Arming in stabilize mode without holding the throttle stick all the way down. Throttle stick must be at minimum to arm in stabilize mode.
- Arming in any other mode with the throttle stick above center (which would be seen by ArduCopter as higher than the center deadband)

There are only three things that can cause those circumstances:
- Operator error, messing with the stick improperly
- Stick calibration messed up. In which case you want to do the stick cal procedure found here: https://3drpilots.com/threads/recalibrate-sticks-how-to.364/
- Dirt or other junk jamming the stick so it doesn't properly re-center by the springs

That said, I'm not entirely sure what this has to do with the color of the LEDs on the motors....

The Lower Throttle error is what the controller shows when it receives the throttle too high arming failure from Arducopter (ardupilot/AP_Arming.cpp at b0c7766197aaa19236a42dd6f57221391c759899 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub). This error happens in the following two circumstances:
- Arming in stabilize mode without holding the throttle stick all the way down. Throttle stick must be at minimum to arm in stabilize mode.
- Arming in any other mode with the throttle stick above center (which would be seen by ArduCopter as higher than the center deadband)

There are only three things that can cause those circumstances:
- Operator error, messing with the stick improperly
- Stick calibration messed up. In which case you want to do the stick cal procedure found here: https://3drpilots.com/threads/recalibrate-sticks-how-to.364/
- Dirt or other junk jamming the stick so it doesn't properly re-center by the springs

That said, I'm not entirely sure what this has to do with the color of the LEDs on the motors....

@Pedals2Paddles Thank you for attention.

But I repeat, calibration does not help.

When you press the FLY button, nothing happens. The engines are silent.

IN THE MISSION OF PLANNING, the test of the motors showed nothing, except for the sound signal of the dynamics of the drone.

Internet extensive suggests that this color on the pods (green) are not illuminated by working motors.
Support is still silent. But on the website they have such colors prescribed for the case when it is necessary to re-engage.
After the crash, I changed the standard GPS card to an MRO card.
I have already undergone several procedures:
- by reset to factory settings https://3dr.com/support/articles/factory_reset/ https://3dr.com/support/articles/pairing_the_controller/ https://3dr.com/support/articles/first-flight_update/
- disconnected the gimbal
- calibrated remote and levers ...
Did not clean the truth. But the FLY button from this will not work, as well as the motors. (

@Pedals2Paddles Thank you for attention.

But I repeat, calibration does not help.

When you press the FLY button, nothing happens. The engines are silent.

IN THE MISSION OF PLANNING, the test of the motors showed nothing, except for the sound signal of the dynamics of the drone.

Internet extensive suggests that this color on the pods (green) are not illuminated by working motors.
Support is still silent. But on the website they have such colors prescribed for the case when it is necessary to re-engage.
After the crash, I changed the standard GPS card to an MRO card.
I have already undergone several procedures:
- by reset to factory settings https://3dr.com/support/articles/factory_reset/ https://3dr.com/support/articles/pairing_the_controller/ https://3dr.com/support/articles/first-flight_update/
- disconnected the gimbal
- calibrated remote and levers ...
Did not clean the truth. But the FLY button from this will not work, as well as the motors. (
Pull off the props and try manually arming the motors by holding the stick down and to the right, see if they arm or if you hear an error tone it'll sound like "eh eh" lol...report back after trying this...

So not a green cube...

The motor pods light up green when the data cable is disconnected. Or, if you've loaded non-solo ArduCopter firmware onto the pixhawk and didn't properly configure it.

@Pedals2Paddles you have in mind make out and try to include so that would have been seen Cube computer, and what color display at the cubic? what can be seen flash led, according to instructions at boot factory settings, this is not enough? exclusively in disassembled the form of only and can be seen to be Cube. but when I подключал through Micro usb himself Cube and cost disassembled the form to the computer, by means of mission planning in an attempt to read the logs, the Cube отсвечивал loading remember Green light, but then she had flowers, it seems was so. advise make out and include in disassembled the form?

I have absolutely no idea what any of that means, sorry. Translation issue I think.

Did you disassemble your solo and forget to plug the motorpod wires back in?

Did you load ArduCopter firmware on the Pixhawk that didn't come from 3DR? Given the calibration issues and the LED issues, this seems most likely.

I have absolutely no idea what any of that means, sorry. Translation issue I think.

Did you disassemble your solo and forget to plug the motorpod wires back in?

Did you load ArduCopter firmware on the Pixhawk that didn't come from 3DR? Given the calibration issues and the LED issues, this seems most likely.
I think what he is saying is he disassembled the solo but can not determine what color the cube is, so most likely not a green cube, he also said that when booting the flashing LED orange one I guess is normal he seems to be able to connect through mission planner with usb, and something about flowers maybe the led's were in party mode? Or maybe not?
Wow I'm really confused now lol

Last edited:
If by flowers he meant multi colored disco lights, that furthers my suspicion that he loaded ArduCopter 3.5 firmware. In fact I am certain of it now. The calibration and LEDs are exactly what would happen.

Happened to me also. One light was green...turned Solo off and back on and fixed the issue. It's only a month old and I've never disassembled it nor have I tinkered with the bird or controller electronics except updating firmware after opening.

I think what he is saying is he disassembled the solo but can not determine what color the cube is, so most likely not a green cube, he also said that when booting the flashing LED orange one I guess is normal he seems to be able to connect through mission planner with usb, and something about flowers maybe the led's were in party mode? Or maybe not?
Wow I'm really confused now lol
support stated that this is a problem with the autopilot.

to be precise
The green LED's on the Solo arms are related to the autopilot and is possible that it got damaged. I'm really sorry.

Unfortunately, the solution to this problem is the autopilot replacement, my apologies but we do not have instructions for the repair.

If by flowers he meant multi colored disco lights, that furthers my suspicion that he loaded ArduCopter 3.5 firmware. In fact I am certain of it now. The calibration and LEDs are exactly what would happen.

performed only standard procedures that lead solo to the factory settings.

part of the support response

The green LED's on the Solo arms are related to the autopilot and is possible that it got damaged. I'm really sorry.

Unfortunately, the solution to this problem is the autopilot replacement, my apologies but we do not have instructions for the repair.

Highly unlikely. If you had mission planner plugged in by USB, and you had multi color flashing lights, I guarantee you just accidentally loaded ArduCopter 3.5 firmware onto the cube.

Download the ArduCopter-v2.px4 file found here (Release solo-1.3.1 · 3drobotics/ardupilot-solo · GitHub), put it into the /firmware/ directory on the solo using WinSCP or Filezilla, and reboot.

Doing a factory reset should also accomplish the same thing since it reloads the correct firmware in the process, so you can do that too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig