Reaction score
Hi,

After couple of trials with my 3DR, I still did not manage to have the follow me mode on my android device correctly.
I managed to have the look at me feature to work, meaning the GPS is working on my device, and it seems like the button or control over this feature is not working properly.

I tried it on a Galaxy Tab 2 7 inches tablet 5.1 and this one works fine with the follow me mode, walking makes the drone following you at the same distance.

My phone is a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua, software version of the application Solo Beta is 2.0.1.beta.1, and the android version is 5.0

Has someone experienced any limitation or problem enabling this feature from a smartphone?

Thanks and read you around!

...After couple of trials with my 3DR, I still did not manage to have the follow me mode on my android device correctly...

My phone is a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua, software version of the application Solo Beta is 2.0.1.beta.1, and the android version is 5.0
Why are you using that antique App (and a beta) version? Go to the Google Play Store and download 2.3.0 which will also download updates for Solo and the controller when you first use it.

Also, your phone OS is an older one, but will likely work. Newest Android OS is 6.X.

Right, Trying to update the software version of my phone did the trick.
Thanks for highlighting this.

Additional information. In fact, I still have an old version of the Solo software. Turns out that the M4 Aqua is not compatible with the new Solo App (see the link below: https://3dr.com/support/articles/208046816/app_compatibility/ ).
Did anyone tried the software with the new Sony Xperia X Performance?
True that it's not on the compatibility list but this might be compatible, it's very new, and also running on a Qualcomm SnapDragon 8XX platform
Anyone tried with one of these new phone, I would appreciate to hear from you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea