Follow me mode

Reaction score
apoligies if this has been mentioned or I've read it and forgotten it.
With follow me mode the solo follows the controller or the iPad/iPhone device?
Example if I sit the controller down and put the iPhone that's paired to the solo in my pocket will the solo follow me?

Solo will follow the mobile device. As long as the mobile device is in range of the controller, follow me will continue to work.

Be careful with it in your pocket. If the phone's own GPS signal is lost, the follow mode will end up stopping and going. Just walking around outside, it probably won't be a big deal. But if you put it in your pocket and jump in a car, it might get flakey.

Cheers.
Has anyone tested the distance between iPad/iPhone to the controller?

I don't think you should set the controller down. Someone needs to be controlling the thing. Pretty sure it's adamant about that in the manual. Since it would be operating in a GPS-dependent mode, you need to be able to take manual control quickly if something goes wrong. If you're the only one flying, just take the controller and the phone with you, no need to separate them.

I don't think you should set the controller down. Someone needs to be controlling the thing. Pretty sure it's adamant about that in the manual. Since it would be operating in a GPS-dependent mode, you need to be able to take manual control quickly if something goes wrong. If you're the only one flying, just take the controller and the phone with you, no need to separate them.
Of,course.
If one person has the controller out of,shot and the other holds the iPhone/iPad.

I don't think you should set the controller down... ...If you're the only one flying, just take the controller and the phone with you, no need to separate them.
Difficult to lug around the controller on a bicycle, motorcycle, Jet Ski, snowmobile, or other small platform, and still keep it handy.

I haven't tried this idea yet, but have high-gain omni-directional antennas with magnetic mounts and longish SMA extensions for my truck, which would act as the chase vehicle with the controller in the cab while the small platform carries the mobile device. All of that of course, adds to the complexity of Follow-me - but adds to the safety, and ability to get the shot as well.

I think this scheme will work, but I just seem to work on and modify my Solos - not really fly them... :( o_O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig