Folding Solo Secretly Developed

Reaction score
No much information on this project apart from a picture published to Facebook. Its called Solo XL..Look up Terrance Jerod (hes part of the '3DR Solo Owners Group' on Facebook)

Its possible its BS, but still it looks awesome.

View media item 470

Last edited:
Pic of a Solo battery on a DIY project with no arms.

Reactions: SARDG
Don't count this out so quickly. Terrance is X3dr.
not known for posting BS in the time I have known him
the arms are folded

Not sure what part looks legit to what. Though I still don't see a single arm, this is an X-8 configuration with smaller bottom props than the top, which is OK but you wouldn't run that with a single Solo battery and expect any flight time efficiency. The unconnected servo wires hanging out at the top are for what, a gimbal? The top left and bottom right corners show typical mounting holes for arm blocks. If the arms are 'folded', why are the motors above the body? Do they articulate too or are there slots in the body for the folded arms.

Very well could be a project for Solo guts, and I hope it is, but I don't believe the current Solo boards will support more than 4 motors.

Pic of a Solo battery on a DIY project with no arms.

It folds. I saw a pic of it unfolded. It's pretty big, a bit ungainly looking, but it's also under development. He's supposed to have something to talk about in December.

Reactions: J R
Very well could be a project for Solo guts, and I hope it is, but I don't believe the current Solo boards will support more than 4 motors.

PWM channel 1,2,3,4,6,7,8 are broken out and accessible on the SOLO. Channel 5 however is not but you can blue wire it from between PH2 carrier board interface for those not faint of heart in such matters. You can also with a bit of effort and know how load custom PH2 firmware for hex and octo aiframes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks