Flying Solo with goggles (VR)

Yay! Finally a live human customer. I too was perplexed by the lack of reviews on what I find to be quite a remarkable product. When did you order it, where did you order it, and what "mounting" method are you using? This is likely to be my next purchase for the Solo.
Yeah, I have been anxious and bugging them about once a week. The lack of communication and lack of reviews anywhere online made me question the validity of the product. But it's finally here and I am looking forward to testing outside tomorrow. so far it looks good. Ordered December 15th direct from Vufine. I am using the included glasses with the clear lenses. Vufine attaches securely with a magnet and is easy to adjust and remove.

Reactions: pyrate
Hey Pedals.. Yeah, got to use them over the weekend. They are a keeper and I like them a lot. It is easy to switch the concentration of the eyes between the screen and the non screen eye, and that is very convenient. Can even be seen well in bright sunlight. Had to order the cable from mini to mini. It's a little stiffer than I would like to find and will watch for something different. Need to turn the Vufine on before turning on the controller. The controller has to see that the port is being used during power up or it won't activate. The Vufine comes with the plain glasses and they work well, but they are also releasing a clip on that fits to a ball cap. I'm going to order that when released in July.

Outstanding! I need something better than the phone screen. And goggles are impractical. Sounds like a VuFine will be my next toy/tool

Outstanding! I need something better than the phone screen. And goggles are impractical. Sounds like a VuFine will be my next toy/tool
Here is a review that was just posted on the VuFine..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cool. This combined with my Bluetooth earpiece will complete my "newly assimilated Borg drone" look while flying. Have you tried using the HDMI output of your phone/tablet so you have the OSD in your face? I think that would solve the "plug it in first" thing too.

Cool. This combined with my Bluetooth earpiece will complete my "newly assimilated Borg drone" look while flying. Have you tried using the HDMI output of your phone/tablet so you have the OSD in your face? I think that would solve the "plug it in first" thing too.
That might be something worth trying. Not sure if the Nexus 7 (2103) will scale down the output to 720p, since that is required for the VuFine.

I'm not sure what my Nexus 6P will do with that either. What happens if you try to feed it something other than 720p?

Do you know what the lead time is on ordering these things now a days?

I'm not sure what my Nexus 6P will do with that either. What happens if you try to feed it something other than 720p?

Do you know what the lead time is on ordering these things now a days?
That review above showed where he connected a 1080i image and it stretched it out of proportion. I may have to try a P image and see what it does.
Not sure on the lead times. Last email I had with them 3 weeks ago was they were shipping the pre-orders. May be getting caught up by now.

Holy crap, these are available now?
not a bad price either
not really interested in full FPV since you still need to see the controller and app, and you say this is working with the controller HDMI Out?

Ordered. It will be worth waiting a month if needed for it to ship. Looking forward to the hat mount being released too.

I didn't realise you'd all ordered them too, I've got two pairs now, I like them, I've not tried them with Solo yet but they work brilliant with the Sony A6000 camera. For some reason they won't work as well with the A7S/A7SII but I'm hoping I can figure out why.

I didn't realise you'd all ordered them too, I've got two pairs now, I like them, I've not tried them with Solo yet but they work brilliant with the Sony A6000 camera. For some reason they won't work as well with the A7S/A7SII but I'm hoping I can figure out why.
Yes, I like them too. The only issue I am having is finding a mini to mini HDMI cable that is flexible. The one I have is too stiff. Have you found one yet?

That might be something worth trying. Not sure if the Nexus 7 (2103) will scale down the output to 720p, since that is required for the VuFine.
Jubair,

Are you still using the Vufine? I know this is an old post. Just curious if you got it to work with ur Nexus 7?
I picked up the Vufine+ the CES last week and haven't had time to fly with it yet. Tried it on the ground and it appears to work well. It also works on the Nexus 7 tablet via a powered adapter.

Thanks..Don.

I still carry them but haven't used them in awhile. I plug them into the controller though, not the Nexus.

I only used mine a few times too. TBH I have always had a very hard time getting the video out from my controller to work properly. More times than not, I would get a black screen or the 3DR logo, and nothing more. I could spend 30 minutes screwing with it, pulling the battery, changing what sequence I plug things in, etc. Nothing made it work consistently. Very frustrating, and I don't think it is anything to do with the viewfine. I think it's the controller/firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc