Flying Solo with goggles (VR)

I have been using Goggles with a N6 Nexus 6, "Cheap Goggles" $15.00 But fit well & stay in place.

Very immersive. Looks like a 55" TV. All telemetry visible.

I control most user input via Voice thru an automating android program called Tasker. 2 plugins need for tasker, Autovoice & Autoinput.

If say "4K wide" almost instantly it will change to 4K wide FOV.
You can make Voice commands for all UI menus & Button''s in Solo's app,
It get's boring to setup tasker, to do everything, but easy when you get the hang of it.

The way i use it, is when i get ready to shoot a shot, I then put on goggles to frame & proceed with shoot.
Feels like your really there!

When I'm ready to change batteries, I take off Goggles to better view my environment.

Nice setup, but it's not for me,? claustrophobic?

It all works, Root access will give you access to all UI in SOLO app.
you will not find any help on how to put all this together?
no one ever tried?

If anyone wants to put one together, let me know. I'll Put links, parts & program list together & eMail them to you.
Or may make a "DIY" Video & post it?

Hi, Steve!
Do you used the native side-by-side VR creen feature of Android 7 on Nexus 6 or you sideloaded a VR app to split the screen for the VR goggle?

The HeadPlay - these works beautifully. The video comes from the HDMI-out port on the controller. You won't see the OSD information, but that's minor compared to the awesome view you'll get with these goggles. You won't win a beauty contest on the flying line, but they do work really well. I upgraded the internal lens to these. The only tricky part is using the right HDMI connectors, you'll need a mini and micro cable to connect the goggles to the Solo controller. I bought the Headplays from GetFPV.com
Where did you find the mini to micro and do you have a link I want to try my aomway goggles to see if they'll work

The HeadPlay - these works beautifully. The video comes from the HDMI-out port on the controller. You won't see the OSD information, but that's minor compared to the awesome view you'll get with these goggles. You won't win a beauty contest on the flying line, but they do work really well. I upgraded the internal lens to these. The only tricky part is using the right HDMI connectors, you'll need a mini and micro cable to connect the goggles to the Solo controller. I bought the Headplays from GetFPV.com
Atomos Right-Angle Micro to Mini HDMI Coiled Cable ATOMCAB006

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986