Flight battery led not working?

Reaction score
Battery led indicator lights won't illuminate while being charged or installed. My other battery indicated fine. Is there a known issue with these lights? New, out of the box, charging things up for the first time.

Battery led indicator lights won't illuminate while being charged or installed. My other battery indicated fine. Is there a known issue with these lights? New, out of the box, charging things up for the first time.
Not that I've heard of- does it take and hold a charge?

I would check with 3DR. Believe me, you don't want to take any chances with your battery. Even if it seems to charge and flies ok, I would always be nervous with it.

Reactions: Maddog
Not my only issue. Having problems with the hero 4 black battery draining and freezing up. Won't be flying anytime soon! Been searching the threads on that issue too. Any suggestions?

Hi Barry, there aren't any battery LED issues that I know of. Open a support ticket, we'll get that battery replaced for you! I also haven't heard of any issues with GP 4 blk batteries freezing up. Strange, please also open up a ticket with us, we'll get to the bottom of it.

I had the same issue with. I contacted them and they sent out a replacement no questions asked.

Hi Barry, there aren't any battery LED issues that I know of. Open a support ticket, we'll get that battery replaced for you! I also haven't heard of any issues with GP 4 blk batteries freezing up. Strange, please also open up a ticket with us, we'll get to the bottom of it.
I sent in a ticket on the battery but haven't heard back from anyone yet. How long should I expect to wait on a reply before I try again?

I sent in a ticket on the battery but haven't heard back from anyone yet. How long should I expect to wait on a reply before I try again?
took them a few days... I took a video and sent it with the ticket..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I am having this same issue. LEDs flickered on the first charge and will not light up during power up or charging. I did open a ticket and sent a video too.

Reactions: prowler9
I have flew mine that does it but afraid something will really go bad.. that's the last resort battery..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Isn't flying it with that battery kinda risky? Even a last resort battery will be tempting to use sometime, and I sure would hate to see you regret it. Why not just turn it in since they seem to acknowledge there is a problem with the LEDS?

I have only flown mine once. This was when I notice the LEDs were not working right out of the box. Hasn't been off the ground since. Waiting on 3DR.......Might just go and get another battery in the mean time.

Got through my first flights today, even one cycle of the suspect battery. Only ran it down to 25% and landed. What a great flyer!!

I have only flown mine once. This was when I notice the LEDs were not working right out of the box. Hasn't been off the ground since. Waiting on 3DR.......Might just go and get another battery in the mean time.
Good idea- can't do much with just one battery anyway!

Glad to report that 3DR support is replacing the battery free of charge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150