Can you show me how to access it?
I am just starting down this journey myself and am in the process of obtaining some accessory break out boards, but here is the pinout info for the accessory port itself. If you just need access to the 5v you probably don't need a breakout board, but a connector would be ideal. There are (2) 5v ports available and (2) main battery ports available (14v-16v).

Future of Solo | Page 2 | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

Reactions: Maddog
Ooh the possibilitiesimage.jpeg
This is a 3 way video switch - solo with multiple camera options - can be hooked up to a 5.8 ghz transmitter

If we can only hook it up to a long range transmitter like dragonlink or tbs crossfire - this can be a cool SAR platform. And of course the battery issue.
Let us know if you can make a breakout cable for power - I can 3D print you a housing for your led and maybe a bottom facing FPV camera.
Anyone know the size of the bottom screws

If we can only hook it up to a long range transmitter like dragonlink or tbs crossfire - this can be a cool SAR platform. And of course the battery issue.
Let us know if you can make a breakout cable for power - I can 3D print you a housing for your led and maybe a bottom facing FPV camera.
Anyone know the size of the bottom screws
I just ordered 2 connectors- have no idea how difficult it will be to make a cable with it.

Technically all you need is a 5.8 transmitter which is hooked up to the FPV camera on the solo and on the ground an FPV receiver - which can be a gogle or an lcd screen.

Thanks for the link...that is something I might just get!
But do you know how much power it takes to light them up..?

Cheers

Shouldn't take much to light them up, they're not very bright, I'd say the added weight would have more of an impact on flight, but it shouldn't be much.

I'm all for companies offering new products, but these seem too weak to add any visibility in daylight. You can see in the video they're not much brighter than the stock lights, and they don't show much footage of it flying in daylight. Now the prop guards they also offer on the other hand...

Reactions: Del
Okay- I ordered parts from Flytron in the U.K. on the 17th and they arrived on the 22nd.
I ordered 4 1W led's, 2 circuit boards, and 4 diffusing lens' for the led's. Total cost with shipping was about $40.

The LED's are very tiny- only about 1/4" in dia. The circuit boards are about 1/2" by 7/8"

The circuit boards produce a nice "double flash" like conventional aircraft.

For their size they are very bright, especially at night.

To do a quick test I connected everything, taped it on the outside of Solo, along with a 3.7V lipo for power. I flew up to about 200 ft. during the daytime and had difficulty seeing the little LED's. I flew about 200-300 feet away and could see them but not very well. Visibility depended a lot on the angle from me to Solo.

I didn't bother trying to film the test because I don't think the LED's would have shown up.

Actually I'm pretty disappointed in the results. Not bad visibility but not very good either so I'm going to put together one of the 10W Arduino units.

I don't know how much power these boards put out so I'm going to get a 10 W Led and try it out first.

Because I intend to run all the wiring inside Solo to wherever I end up mounting the LED's, tapping into power somewhere inside Solo would be preferable. I was thinking I would then mount a tiny on/off switch somewhere on Solo. All of this would mean carefully drilling some tiny holes into Solo to run wiring.:eek:

If anybody has any ideas where to tap into 5V inside Solo I'm listening!!

Reactions: Del

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela