Using Metal Objects for Pairing & Factory Reset -Probably Not a good idea?

Reaction score
I may be incorrect but after inspecting the pairing/reset button up close it seems that using paper clips & other metallic objects for button pushing presents a risk of shorting if the plastic center button is missed. The switch housing itself is metal which I assume goes to ground but more precarious are the neighboring contact points on the PCB.

I began to wonder about this when I was getting zero response when attempting to pair and reset.
Was I missing the button? The click can be subtle. So I pressed at different angles and occasionally I would elicit a response but the led would only go orange for a split second then nothing. After poking around eventually the task would implement.

However, as of now I'm still having problems. In the couple of occasions I've been lucky enough to complete and sync, shortly after the Solo takes off it immediately goes to flashing red lights then RTH, lands and is then unable to be recognized by controller. Round and round we go - repair or reset then the same again with each subsequent flight being shorter and shorter. Eventually just powering up the props causes the malfunction without even leaving the ground. Seems like something is getting looser? But I digress.

I'm opting for toothpicks from now on. Hopefully I haven't already caused irreparable damage.

Sounds like you might have a loose antenna connection. Or maybe an SD card that is working loose.

I use a toothpick or a little plastic coffee stirrer. Those are surprisingly tough.

I would go with the sd cards also try the one on the solo first, then that dann controller. It's tough to get to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig