I modified mine a little bit by using only one 10w led - I don't have much electronic experience but I just followed the video it works and led does not get hot. But if you leave the led on you Wil need a heatsink

Reactions: Maddog
Well, I temporarily taped the doggie beacon on the bottom of Solo and did some flying.

In the daytime it isn't bright enough to see from more than about 10' away so clearly it's not going to work.
Dang, i didnt get to try mine, but it sounds like the dog will get to wear it.

I think what we need is an actual strobe, not LED

10w led
Led driver
5v linear or switching step down voltage regulator
Mossfet
And a arduino pro mini

Check out this video - I made one and mounted it to the bottom of my hoverthings flip FPV - works great and it is super bright - great thing about it is you can reprogram the Arduino sketch to change the strobe pattern.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Great idea!
Where did you get your parts from? Also, I was unable to download/view the sketch.

I'm sure this can be done to the bottom of the solo accessory bay with some 3d printed parts - might have to attach a small battery or if someone can tap on to the power of the solo.

I'm sure this can be done to the bottom of the solo accessory bay with some 3d printed parts - might have to attach a small battery or if someone can tap on to the power of the solo.
Thanks- I have no idea what a blink sketch is?:(

I think you're right - for your application Maybe the personal strobe is the least complicated way to set it up - and super simple just use double sticky tape and turn it on. However if you want to try something different you can check the neopixel projects by Adafruit - pretty interesting - I've already seen some people use it on mini quadcopters here's a couple of YouTube Links - the last link by rc test flight is pretty interesting.

Reactions: RichWest
A "sketch" is an arduino project file (saved code). There are tons of demo sketches that comes with the arduino software, one is a simple "blink" sketch to blink a led.

Arduino - Blink
Now I need to learn arduino programming to make a light blink! Lol !
My limited reading reveals you can do a LOT with arduino!

I would be interested in how visible those are. Post back when you get them.

I think you're right - for your application Maybe the personal strobe is the least complicated way to set it up - and super simple just use double sticky tape and turn it on. However if you want to try something different you can check the neopixel projects by Adafruit - pretty interesting - I've already seen some people use it on mini quadcopters here's a couple of YouTube Links - the last link by rc test flight is pretty interesting.
Those are pretty cool, but just wait til I get a strip of WS2812b's around the perimeter of the "X" shell :) I'm working on getting some dev boards for solo to play. It will look similar to this, but I have a lot of color code from other projects I've done. This should be able to be seen from anywhere lol and you can make it do any color/fades, etc. I'm calling it my "UFO SOLO". That's trademarked. No stealing.... :)

I would be interested in how visible those are. Post back when you get them.
I will definitely shoot and post some video. Because these run on 3-5V, I'm not sure how to power them. I could use a separate 1S lipo, but where to put it?
Pull power from Solo and step down to 5V- where to pull from & how to step down?
Think I must...o_O

Those are pretty cool, but just wait til I get a strip of WS2812b's around the perimeter of the "X" shell :) I'm working on getting some dev boards for solo to play. It will look similar to this, but I have a lot of color code from other projects I've done. This should be able to be seen from anywhere lol and you can make it do any color/fades, etc. I'm calling it my "UFO SOLO". That's trademarked. No stealing.... :)

www.flytron.com has some really cool hardware under the "LED" section- also lots of cool videos showing off their LED stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo