First Post

Reaction score
Hello, great forum. This is my first post here and I've got a couple of questions.

Mapping is my primary application but will be doing inspection as well. I've yet to order my package. I've decided to go with a PP82 and a Mapir Survey2 NDVI accessory bay mounted for mapping. I'm getting the gimbal as well for inspection, photog, 3D features, etc... My question is if anyone has experience flying with sensors hard-mounted underneath with and without the gimbal attached? I'm not looking forward to installing and removing the gimbal every time I want to switch mission type.

Best Regards, and thank you for having me here,
BeaconGeo

I know IMP concepts sells gimbal friendly camera mounts for solo.
I got one to add a second gopro shooting straight down that would also fly with the gimbal.

As an addendum, what kind of decrease in endurance should I expect flying with 2 cams on the belly and the gimbal attached but unloaded? Or is removing the gimbal completely for mapping missions just the right thing to do?

don't know have not flown mine with extra payload yet, but do NOT run the gimbal empty ever
it will destroy it, always run the gimbal with gopro installed

FWIW, I have flown with 2 Canon S100s (no gimbal). I can usually get at least 10-11 minutes of flight time. Wind will also definitely be a factor.

The S100 weighs 7.0 ounces. The Mapir camera weighs 2.3 oz with battery. So, my two S100's equal 6 Mapir cameras in weight. Though, you definitely want to run your survey grid such that the Solo is closest to you when it is nearing completion in case you run into any battery issues.

Reactions: RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig