First flight/edit using free Alex4D Wide Angle Fix!

Reaction score
GoPro wide angle is popular for good reason. Its wide view is beautiful and has its benefits but has curved horizons. I don’t want to pay 100 bucks for a Peau Prod lens just to eliminate all fish eye because most of my shots don’t have a horizons to keep the shot honest and I want as wide a shot as possible.

This flight I used my GP Silver 4.—and nothing but a big lens hood to eliminate sun flair and prop flicker.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I used Alex4D Wide Angle Fix to eliminate the fish in shots that had noticible curved horizons. Ie the ocean but not the mountains because no one can really notice curve in mountains and hills.

Alex4D is a free plug in for Final Cut Pro. Easy to load, easy to find and apply. Custom settings. LOVE IT.

What do you think?

Reactions: Ralph E. Johnson
I appreciate that. Three flights one battery.

1. First flight from beach. Three takes to time the gimbal to tilt from the ocean to the propoerty as I flew towards it from the sea. I knew this establishing shot would be the most important.

2 Second flight same battery from an access ally near the middle of the resort that alowed me best view of Solo while doing high speed passes.

3 Third was just one take up the entrance driveway.

Anybody know how to play back a 4K youtube in 4K?

Nice shots. Very well done!

Thx Eagle! I can't say enough about this Final Cut Pro plug in from Alex 4D and ITS FREE!

A great way to keep all my shooting as wide as possible while straitening the horizon on the occasions where it obviously looks distorted.

I guess GoPro Sudio is no longer avalable or supported through Go Pro and no body knows a 3rdparty that still offeres it. Conscensious was everyone loved GP Studio because its fish/warp removal didn’t zoom and clip as much footage as the others out there.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 5.42.11 AM.png

Reactions: Arny58

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc