Firmware 2.4.2? Is this new?

Thanks for reminding me, All this was on a iOS iPad air.
Will try my Nexus 6 soon.
My H4B is now with V4.0
Update:
SARDG, Knowing that your using Android, With the V4.0 H4B installed on a new BB Solo, Display looked correct, but i realized i wasn't using a gimbal & to test camera setting, must use Gimbal.
My Gimbal is setting in a lonely USPS building waiting to be delivered tomorrow.
But for the short test i did, I think video feed is corrected now ? Will confirm tomorrow evening.
I say 3DR isn't saying they fixed Video zoomed in effect, when recording, but it's there.

I still have the zooming effect. I am not sure if you are experiencing the zooming effect while recording or not with version 4.

Update:
SARDG, Knowing that your using Android, With the V4.0 H4B installed on a new BB Solo...
Android, but my GPH4B is still v3 to maintain auto on/off. And it took me 2 weeks to unbox my BB Solo - still haven't fired it up and that's why I anxiously await findings for my gear combination. All three other Solos have 2.4.1-6.

great
thank you 3DR...fix 1 thing (which isn't even broken for me), then break another 3 features in the process. What a joke.

I'm just glad we now have Solex as an option.

Reactions: Solo Keith
great
thank you 3DR...fix 1 thing (which isn't even broken for me), then break another 3 features in the process. What a joke.

I'm just glad we now have Solex as an option.
But Solex is just going to use whatever Solo/controller FW the user updated to.

As soon as i get my gimbal, I can answer your Android questions.
On iOS iPad with H4B V4 & V3, it had zooming effect when recording, Now with H4B v4. it doesn't.
Are you recording in 4k ? I thought I read it was only cropping in with firmware v4 while shooting 4k? I've been too scared to turn my solo on for like 2 months now...

I can't even install it. The app goes round in circles asking me to connect to internet network to download the app - it does, then it says connect to solo were the screen reverts back asking to download the firmware again. I've done this over and over, restarting the app and solo to no avail. Anyone else having the same problem? I'm using android.

Last edited:
I can't even install it. The app goes round in circles asking me to connect to internet network to download the app - it does, then it says connect to solo were the screen reverts back asking to download the firmware again. I've done this over and over, restarting the app and solo to no avail. Anyone else having the same problem? I'm using android.

Try to reinstall Solo App, or use an other mobile to update the firmware on the solo+controller

Just checked recording in 2.7 and 4k, the video feed isn't being cropped when recording.

-Solo/controller updated to 2.4.2, latest Solo app on Android
-GP Hero4 Black on 3.0 firmware

I would think if they actually fixed the cropped video issue, they would have stated as such in the release notes. All it mentions is the stick calibration before first flight and specifically says no other changes.

So, you have manually gotten into your network settings on your device and switched to your Wi-Fi to download the update, then manually switched back to sololink to update?

Just checked recording in 2.7 and 4k, the video feed isn't being cropped when recording.

-Solo/controller updated to 2.4.2, latest Solo app on Android
-GP Hero4 Black on 3.0 firmware

I would think if they actually fixed the cropped video issue, they would have stated as such in the release notes. All it mentions is the stick calibration before first flight and specifically says no other changes.
Cropping was in GPH4B with v4.x, wasn't it? And it allegedly never affected recording, only viewing from HDMI. Getting difficult to remember all the version foibles!

Do you still have auto on/off with 2.4.2, GPH4B, v3?

Cropping was in GPH4B with v4.x, wasn't it? And it allegedly never affected recording, only viewing from HDMI. Getting difficult to remember all the version foibles!

Do you still have auto on/off with 2.4.2, GPH4B, v3?

Yea, but I thought there was the suggestion that the new 2.4.2 started cropping even on GoPro firmware 3... maybe I misread that, but it's not happening, at least here.

And yes, auto on/off still works, again, on the firmware versions I listed above. So, all seems good.

Reactions: jibcamera
ok, did the update to 2.4.2 and my GP is on v4 as it was -> i can´t see any difference to the pre-update state

So, you have manually gotten into your network settings on your device and switched to your Wi-Fi to download the update, then manually switched back to sololink to update?

Yes, but when I switch back to solo, the screen reverts back asking to switch back to the internet network everytime.

Yes, but when I switch back to solo, the screen reverts back asking to switch back to the internet network everytime.
"when you switch back to Solo"; do you mean the Solo network in the Solo App?

Have you given all the steps time enough to complete? Did the controller shut off, then turn back on, did you ever get the green checkmark on the controller?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado