Finally had it, looking for an attorney! No parts for Gimbals?

OP.. I am just going to go under the assumption that your claims are 100% true. I am not sure how much you value your time. It would be unfair to compare your value of time to mine, but I will gladly accept your opinion of my fairness. I'll go a step further and point out that it could be argued by the masses that any grown man who becomes a drone enthusiast is wasting a great deal of time. I would argue the exact opposite, but I don't really need to because it would be a complete waste of my time. I'd rather spend that time flying drones or learning about them. Now that I've wasted enough of your time to getting to the point, let's call it even on the time wasting. Are those glasses on the table yours? If so please put them on. If you can't see the forest for the tree's you will continue to miss the point and eventually fly right into one. No matter what drone you buy next. In the amount of time that you've spent dressing up like a lawyer and shooting a video of yourself making threats, you could have opened your eyes while there were gimbals being sold for $29.99 all over the internet. Not only would this have solved your problem, but you could have had 3 or more back up gimbals like the rest of us. Each gimbal priced at only a few dollars more than the majestic Asian partition you are using for half of your "Lawyer" video back drop. Maybe you were just waiting for a table at a Japanese steakhouse? If so, I take all the things I've said back. In today's world, it is easy for me to understand how it could be very easy for someone to find the negative in anything. The odds of finding something negative are nearly 100% when you search for it. Congratulations! You've found it! Now what? Best of luck in your Lawyer search.

P.S. Please laminate this with the rest of your "legal documents" and highlight any part you wish.

I shared communication with someone today that related he was very unfairly treated by 3DR and he thanked me for taking the time to share this. A short edit like this is really pretty fast for me. I did not even have to dress up like an attorney, that is how I dress for work daily, the table and backdrop is in what we call the grand room of my home. FINDING the negative. I found it. Read the article in Forbes and tell me you are a fan of the company culture that according to the article , modified a drone for presentation to press as the regular SOLO was not ready, made a video showing how the gimbal worked, before it was even build, and had according to the article employees wanting to F BOMB DJI to death, and another morally centered employee calling out the bosses for it being a lemon.

But my favorite of all the quotes from the article is this one, “It was classic Silicon Valley hubris,” said one former employee, who asked to remain anonymous because he still works in the drone industry. “3DR was a $100 million blunder based on ineptitude.” And in my view not providing guys like you and me that purchased it parts, is just going to get more continuous.

Read the article, I was shocked because as you said why look for negative, at least until you have to resist it right?
Behind The Crash Of 3D Robotics, North America's Most Promising Drone Company

You're grasping at straws but good luck with your rabbit hole.

Not limited to...doesn't mean anything and everything else. You're really showing you don't understand the law and exactly why a lawyer won't even take this up.

Did PlayStation 3 owners sue Sony when they stopped making PS3?

Nope.

Did my parents sue Sega Genesis when they pulled back all support and parts for the failed Sega CD?

Nope.

Did Hummer have to supply parts for 10 years after they shut down their consumer business?

Yes.

Does Samsung have to keep replacement parts for their TVs?

Yes.

It's a drone, a border line toy, classified in a sperate class than the law you keep refering too.

Why do you think I was looking for an attorney...? and I think the answer would be yes when you take the totality of the situation into consideration.

I did not even have to dress up like an attorney, that is how I dress for work daily, the table and backdrop is in what we call the grand room of my home.

I don't have a grand room in my home, nor do I have a job that requires formal attire. But I do have 3 Solos and 4 gimbals, all of which have worked almost flawlessly from day one. Go figure. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm open to learning and I try to solve minor issues on my own rather than just complaining and acting like a child in a man's body.

Try this for your video feed problem: https://3drpilots.com/threads/no-video-feed.167/page-2#post-13124

You'll never find an attorney so....

Just sue them in small claims court. Seriously...do it.

This is a forum solo enthusiasts who realize that maintaining their solo is in their hands.

It's like a car club dedicated to a classic.

No one here wants to sue solo.

Or instead of filling your time talking about an issue about an almost 3 year old drone start flying it...get a new drone and have some fun.

Or use this forum to learn how to fix it.

I don't have a grand room in my home, nor do I have a job that requires formal attire. But I do have 3 Solos and 4 gimbals, all of which have worked almost flawlessly from day one. Go figure. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm open to learning and I try to solve minor issues on my own rather than just complaining and acting like a child in a man's body.

Try this for your video feed problem: https://3drpilots.com/threads/no-video-feed.167/page-2#post-13124

So when was DAY ONE.. and why do you have 3 Solos with 4 Gimbals, If they are all perfect? Why spend so much money on drones? Maybe if you dont spend so much on drones, your will have a home with a grand room. Just saying.

So when was DAY ONE.. and why do you have 3 Solos with 4 Gimbals, If they are all perfect? Why spend so much money on drones? Maybe if you dont spend so much on drones, your will have a home with a grand room. Just saying.

We have multiple solos because they don't make them anymore. So in order to fly them for years to come.we bought back ups so we can repair and replace if need be. We accept solo is out of production.

And solos are cheap dude...for one DJI Phantom you can buy 4 solos with gimbals.

You're not firing on all propellors are you?

You understand this forum is for solo enthusiasts, trouble shooting, and support right?

Not to gather folks for a lawsuit.

Last edited:
It's also clear you are not serious. If you were you would simply visit a lawyer's office to get real legal advice.

But you haven't so I suspect you're dragging this out on purpose.

Instead of posting here about it, go get a free consultation.

Now, I'm afraid for me, that makes your thread look quite silly.

3DR came from a community. They tried to engage the wider community, create jobs and diversify the competition....and in trying to do so were crushed by another company's aggressive marketing.

They've just quite nobly given most of their IP back to the community....what does what you're proposing (ridiculous or not) achieve or contribute? Talk about kicking someone when they're down. Some people still have jobs there.

You might get more reward by joining in, helping and trying to participate? There's lots of things already here in the community and more on the way.

I can think of only one possible kindred spirit here for you.....who's thankfully unusually quiet on this one. [emoji38]

Just saying.

Reactions: Solo Keith

I believe I ordered it around July or August of 2015, as soon as the gimbals were given a release date. There were initial issues with the gimbal, but they were addressed in firmware updates. I did have my first gimbal replaced, but all others worked perfectly.

As much as I'm sure you'd like to read into the fact that many of us have purchased multiple Solos as proof that it's a flawed product, the truth is almost the polar opposite. To this day, no other product yet matches the key capabilities of the Solo. Having spares ensures we'll have those capabilities well into the future, when normal wear parts (motors mainly) fail or need to be replaced or we damage them from pilot error.

At this point, it's pretty clear you're full of hot air. We've offered help to attempt to solve the issues you're having, yet your only response is to continue complaining. You threaten law suits, here and in your little video, yet you won't pick up the phone and call a lawyer to start the process you feel so confidant in. You won't even bring a small-claims suit against 3DR yourself.

If you'll answer some of the troubleshooting questions I've asked, I'd be happy to help try to solve your problem, but short of that, there's really no point in continuing.

And by the way, I simply said I don't have a grand room in my house. I didn't say I couldn't afford one.

This guy is just a whiner. He may or may not really have a Solo. I have used 3dR flight controllers since 2009. My FPVLR antenna arrives today.
I have used the Alfa Antennas and was amazed.. I can't wait wait to test out the new antenna this weekend.

Its great that most of the members here are hardcore hobbyists contributing what they've learned.

I don't have time for whiners.

He is asking random people for an attorney instead of just going into one himself. Which makes me think he isn't serious about it.

Can't wait to see you George on Judge Judy- based on her previous court antics, I'm pretty sure you are going to hear at least TWO statements from her-
a) YOU CAN SQUEEZE BLOOD FROM A TURNIP
and....
b) DON'T BE SUCH AN IDIOT-

George, I know you're upset, but this is just a rant. Buy a new Solo for $299, or pay a lawyer $1000 to MAYBE get your gimbal replaced (unlikely). Even if you were to win, you're not going to recoup attorney fees. Do the math. Sell your Solo for whatever you can get and move on.

Reactions: Travelfox

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso