Final Destination

Reaction score
a03f4dd665d165fd836212946828c064.jpg

I’ve finally got my 3DR... had me as nervous as a $2 dollar whore at a church banquet (no offense to those identifying)
I bought my setup for $189 and added $12 for Assurion protection for a year. Later saw a purchase on my account for a pawn broker.... and then the suspicions raised since. Getting different sources for tracking and wonder how I was so graced to have gotten a deal for that price with the gimbal included- I figured for a week and a half when it should’ve only taken three days if I got hustled- but it didn’t matter as loss for my money because eBay and PayPal don’t transfer funds until item is received via tracking confirmation.
BOTTOM LINE is it came - it was 75% charged enough for me to check everything out. Aside from needing new props, I’ll have to tear her down and see what upgrades are needed before I get myself ready for FLIGHT

SHE’s A BEAUTY SO FAR!!!

currently stuck not able to bind to controller but it connected prior at first power on - I had to factory reset to reset the Wi-Fi password - and fouled up somewhere now is not connecting
WILL BE READING EVERYTHING TO GET MYSELF IN THE KNOW

brick wall on 3 side indoors and I'm getting 20 GPS shown...???? REALLY on a REV A.???
and did the cardboard mod too

although I don't have any good blades the drone seemed to pull erratically instead of even but until I have blades I can't make a real evaluation
I would've thought I was going to go to 3DR SOLO school but just needed to be patient and do things in more organized fashion than I was- until I screw up majorly- I don't know how you can mess this up- this thing seems easier than I expected- hope that's not a cocky statement- I did goof on the factory reset but that was because I oversaw a sequence that was skipped- so far a decent quad-
order masterscrew props and bidding on some OEMs- bought some $30 batteries- and hopefully I can find someone with a GoPro 4 to try the gimbal before buying one of my own or a useable CAM substitute...
NOW, what's the accessory bay all about???? and the thing in the back end on the bottom?
flying this is gonna be SWEET- i'm thinking...

Reactions: redriderroy
Um... I guess I got the deal of a Solo Dream..!!! After making sure I had read everything I’m suppose to have read and caught up on all the possible fails that could exist.
Outside of not fully knowing if there are Gimbal or connections for gimbal problems-it does correctly respond to the movement- I guess don’t know for sure what the right knob does 100% from reading

THIS THING FLIES AMAZINGINGLY WELL !!! I just can’t seem to land but I think it because the area is hilly by 2-5 feet any different point from where I originally calibrated???
And it’s flying with 3/4” cut off the props

f8a94a359d728a21e62e63ba792f8760.jpg

So don’t know what issues people are having -
I’m on a REV. A gps as well binding 9-11 sats at flight

Sounds good! I wouldn't fly any more until you get proper props- you've been dodging a bullet so far.
9-11 sats is fine- SAT quality is more important.
Landing takes practice and skill even on level ground. Solo will resist landing on uneven ground, thinking it hasn't landed yet.

That is indeed a great deal! Congratulations. Take care when shopping for a camera. I went down the rabbit hole of trying for cheaper Gopro clones and it didn't work. Bought a refurbished Gopro 4 Black and it worked just as 3DR intended. Also, check out threads here (and on YouTube) regarding prop and motor balancing.

Reactions: 2 Drone and Maddog
That is indeed a great deal! Congratulations. Take care when shopping for a camera. I went down the rabbit hole of trying for cheaper Gopro clones and it didn't work. Bought a refurbished Gopro 4 Black and it worked just as 3DR intended. Also, check out threads here (and on YouTube) regarding prop and motor balancing.
Good points, especially about the camera!

Sounds good! I wouldn't fly any more until you get proper props- you've been dodging a bullet so far.
9-11 sats is fine- SAT quality is more important.
Landing takes practice and skill even on level ground. Solo will resist landing on uneven ground, thinking it hasn't landed yet.
YEPPERs on the landing- the props keep spinning as it believes it's in the air still... but as the bullet I've been dodging- what could possibly go wrong- it flies great... certainly no one designed a propeller specifically for anything exactly- just possibly a good combination- I'm sure they're not efficient but I wouldn't make it sound like i'm dodging the bullet- I'm not doing any serious flight either- just in the subdivision within walking distance- just getting use to flying based on orientation- this thing looks the same in any direction for my eyes...
but I'll heed the precautions

I don't plan on buying anything that I don't see actually working on the hdmi connection- but want the use of the go pro- so that will be it eventually - THANKS

YEPPERs on the landing- the props keep spinning as it believes it's in the air still... but as the bullet I've been dodging- what could possibly go wrong- it flies great... certainly no one designed a propeller specifically for anything exactly- just possibly a good combination- I'm sure they're not efficient but I wouldn't make it sound like i'm dodging the bullet- I'm not doing any serious flight either- just in the subdivision within walking distance- just getting use to flying based on orientation- this thing looks the same in any direction for my eyes...
I just meant that it might flip over unexpectedly and screw itself into the ground.

This will help immensely with orientation;
https://3drpilots.com/threads/brite-lite-anti-collision-lighting.11505/

Reactions: CAMXPOSURE
say do you have a variety of lights that contain a high pulse laser that will burn the sensor on a security camera???

I’ve finally got my 3DR... had me as nervous as a $2 dollar whore at a church banquet (no offense to those identifying)
I bought my setup for $189 and added $12 for Assurion protection for a year. Later saw a purchase on my account for a pawn broker.... and then the suspicions raised since. Getting different sources for tracking and wonder how I was so graced to have gotten a deal for that price with the gimbal included- I figured for a week and a half when it should’ve only taken three days if I got hustled- but it didn’t matter as loss for my money because eBay and PayPal don’t transfer funds until item is received via tracking confirmation.
BOTTOM LINE is it came - it was 75% charged enough for me to check everything out. Aside from needing new props, I’ll have to tear her down and see what upgrades are needed before I get myself ready for FLIGHT

SHE’s A BEAUTY SO FAR!!!

currently stuck not able to bind to controller but it connected prior at first power on - I had to factory reset to reset the Wi-Fi password - and fouled up somewhere now is not connecting
First after factory reset you need pair SOLO and Controller by turning on SOLO and Controller and then press pair button under the SOLO untill you see on Controller screen found New Solo and to pair press A and B buttons

SHE’s A BEAUTY SO FAR!!!

SHE’s A BEAUTY SO FAR!!!

If should need props, I have plenty at $13 a pair plus shipping. These are the original. In case it should help. Good luck! I take PayPal. Thnx, Bob

You have dodged a bullet and if you want to continue relishing your great purchase respecting how a drone flys is a great way to start. The props are all the same leangth and balanced for many reason but in order for it to manover in one direction or another the motors speed up or slow down. In order to go forward the rear motors speed up and the front motors slowdown, same for right and left, and backwards. If you trim (break off) a prop or two that motor may spin more freely creating a wobble or other adverse affect, and once it is out of control, it is “out of control” thus a flip, unexpected pitch or yaw (turning in a circle right or left). Depending on height the drone may turn into a tree, your house, or face. This drone is heavy (around 5lbs) and the spinning blades are knife sharp when in good shape but are seratted blades when chippd, cracked or broken. The best way to enjoy a drone is to be safe. You wouldn’t want your airplane pilot to announce that you have a broken wing “but we’re going to try it out any way” would you? I have been flying my stock Solo for two years (paid top dollar for it and had to wait for a gimbal for 90 days) and have been reading this form for a long time. Most issues are pilot error or due to mis-modifications, true Many have been factory issues but pilot error is the single leading factor in flight mishaps. Have fun but please be safe, drones already have a bad rap and don’t need any more help. I don’t want to have to wear a helmet to fly cuz to many people poked their eye out.

Last edited:
say do you have a variety of lights that contain a high pulse laser that will burn the sensor on a security camera???
No, but I found out by accident that if you point a UV light (like the kind used to find scorpions) at a security camera at night,
It will blind it until the power is reset.:rolleyes:

Good enough for them to get the hint- it’s pointed at my private domain and viewable to the public ( HOA )

You have dodged a bullet and if you want to continue relishing your great purchase respecting how a drone flys is a great way to start. The props are all the same leangth and balanced for many reason but in order for it to manover in one direction or another the motors speed up or slow down. In order to go forward the rear motors speed up and the front motors slowdown, same for right and left, and backwards. If you trim (break off) a prop or two that motor may spin more freely creating a wobble or other adverse affect, and once it is out of control, it is “out of control” thus a flip, unexpected pitch or yaw (turning in a circle right or left). Depending on height the drone may turn into a tree, your house, or face. This drone is heavy (around 5lbs) and the spinning blades are knife sharp when in good shape but are seratted blades when chippd, cracked or broken. The best way to enjoy a drone is to be safe. You wouldn’t want your airplane pilot to announce that you have a broken wing “but we’re going to try it out any way” would you? I have been flying my stock Solo for two years (paid top dollar for it and had to wait for a gimbal for 90 days) and have been reading this form for a long time. Most issues are pilot error or due to mis-modifications, true Many have been factory issues but pilot error is the single leading factor in flight mishaps. Have fun but please be safe, drones already have a bad rap and don’t need any more help. I don’t want to have to wear a helmet to fly cuz to many people poked their eye out.

You didn’t think I just cut one side down 3/4” short - I did all of them.... then I flew it with L-hooks on the bottom strung with a set of steak knives around my neighborhood... I did fine...???!!!

I can't tell if you're being serious here. I hope you're kidding but if you aren't, please DO NOT fly that Solo again with those broken props. They spin at an extremely high rpm and could come apart from being unbalanced. It's too risky. Especially since your flying in a subdivision where there's a possibility of it falling out of the sky and injuring someone.

Okay ladies...
d209cf156b64d3f37461dd6e3acd0a2b.jpg

So should I also stay clear of all the experimental drone apps and flight software until I find something out there that works flawlessly- because I sort of felt this arena was for people to share experiences
I bought my Solo understanding on the issues they were capable of OUT OF THE BOX- from poor manufacturing and or unsupportive design from the manufacturer from the likes of communities such as here
So to find out I can fly this thing without any issue brings me to claim a bit of logic :
-MY drone is better than everyone else’s
-The seller I bought it from didn’t try to cheat me out of my $180 for said drone with gimbal
-Solo is a very capable drone that doesn’t need a piece of cardboard between its gps and other section of the board
-having 9 satellites is plenty than waiting around for 20
-other manufacturers sell propellers that aren’t exactly balanced as they claim
-some people may be delusional to what others might call serious to what others call humorous
-telling someone to take medications for their commentary is a form of bullying - it’s actually sarcastic ridicule and I’m all for it- I just hope the likes can handle the same when it comes around

Thanks All for your advice to some of my questions
Thanks All others for the cynical safety measures - I fly far away from anyone- I don’t fly over anything other than open areas I’m willing to walk and get my drone without confrontation- I still am not aware based on following some of the mishaps or poor abilities of others of how drone flies

LOOK TO THE SKY
and keep both feet on the ground
God Bless
and screw your blades on tight

To be honest we are all trying to give advice here no one that I know of is Bullying.. Flying your bird with busted props is well "asking for trouble" the vibration alone will wreak havoc on the IMU's the solo doesn't like this "ask me how I know"

The Solo has come a long way not only with hardware but software. I myself have a revision A GPS solo that locks into 13-14 satellites (depending upon conditions).

Quick question are you running the latest Open source Solo? If not It's up to version 3.0 already, this upgrade alone puts your Solo where it really brings out all the latest capabilities and best of all it's free, If you add a green cube you can run a full blown version of Arducopter that turns the solo into a beast. Just heed warnings or advice nobody is trying to steer you in the wrong direction..

Oh nice master air screw Props BTW......

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44