Factory reset problems and no support available

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm factory resetting. The Solo resets and orange light blinks 5 times per second. All good there.

I hold the Power and Fly button simultaneously on the controller to reset the controller but instead of saying "Updating System" it keeps going to "Waiting for Solo".

It appears to be a sold red green and orange lights in the controller. The instructions for factory reset says "There should be red, green, and orange lights. If the orange light is solid, then there is a problem with the computer onboard the controller. It did not boot up correctly."

Any thoughts on how one gets the controller booting up correctly? Ive restarted 4 or 5 times now. Same thing every time. Tried unplugging the battery as well.

Support from 8-5 weekdays pretty much means the hobby guys with jobs are screwed.

Just throwing this out there... Make sure none of the controller's buttons are stuck down. Any button held "closed" could prevent a proper reset.

Reactions: Maddog
Hi sweet- welcome to the forum! Sorry about your troubles.
I just had to do a factory reset a few days ago. Here is a link to the instructions I followed- if this is what you used, I'm not sure how to fix your problem.

If you can give us more details on why you did a reset, we might be able to help. The controller (also called Artoo) may need to go back for repair.

Factory Reset | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

Reactions: mihamil
Just throwing this out there... Make sure none of the controller's buttons are stuck down. Any button held "closed" could prevent a proper reset.
Thanks Rich- forgot about that but several users here have been saved by that tip!

All the buttons are good.

I haven't flown all winter as weather was crap. Before I could fly again I needed an update. The update locked so I went factory reset.

I have now managed to get the controller to boot with the "Controller Update" message, it completes and tells me to press A (which doesn't appear to do anything). If I leave it alone (with or without pressing A) the controller switches to preflight update and tells me to "Use the 3DR Solo app to update"

The app says "VEHICLE NOT DETECTED" and "Looking for Solo...." At this point it seems like they (controller and copter) need to be paired. But pressing the pairing button doesn't seem to do anything either and the controller stays at "preflight update"

If you did a factory reset, the wifi password was reset back to the original too. Try using the default "sololink" as the password when connecting your tablet. Or is the wifi already actually connected?

If you did a factory reset, the wifi password was reset back to the original too. Try using the default "sololink" as the password when connecting your tablet. Or is the wifi already actually connected?
Yes, already connected however, the connection is using my custom password after reset and not default sololink pass.

I had this happen once, a long time ago. I just had to keep repeating the factory reset/pairing procedure. It eventually took after 3 or 4 times. Sometimes the solo doesn't seem like it's doing anything when updating but sitting there, but there's stuff going on internally and best to let it just sit.

If worse comes to worse, you can rewrite Solos flash memory card with a stock image. But that involves opening solo up, removing the flash card from the computer, putting it in your computer and writing a new image to the card, then putting it back in the solo. I haven't had to do that, but if it comes to that I can point you at the info.

I'm sorry for the difficulties and I know it can be frustrating. Hang in there. When it's in the air and you have a big smile on your face it will be worth it :)

Reactions: Ronyc
I am going to contact support tomorrow but if you could point me to the instructions and the image I need that would be GREATLY appreciated. It would be nice to have something else lined up to try should they tell me to send it in. Really just want to fly this thing. Never seem to have good luck with the updates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc